test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Queue Priority When Kicked from the Game

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
So, its exceptionally lame to be kicked from the game and then be placed at the back of a 2-300 person queue. In other games I have played that needed queues, something was doing to keep the players place in the server for a few minutes which would allow them to log back in without hitting the queue again which significantly decreasing the disruption in game play. Please add this if you're going to force us to endure queues.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    2 or 900 person line you mean. Punted, and now number 925, yay!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My question is.....

why we pay? for a connecting queue¿?..... dont understand why we have to spend more than 15 min to log in paying the subscription....Its something important to fix.... dont know how, but it isnt my work. :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I dunno, Queues are pretty standard for release on the games I have played. Warhammer, WOW, AION, all had lines in the beginning. It sucks because it is new and we really want to play.
    I just wish you would not have to go to the end of the line when booted, because booting happens ALOT.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Point remains that we should NEVER, EVER have queues. We pay for a service that shouldn't have things like that. Granted it's a fresh launch etc. but I really hope that they fix that soon because I see a lot of people leaving because of that. It does tend to **** people off like hell Cryptic...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Something that would help in the meantime would be a small widget / app that sits on the desktop to alert us when our queue time is almost up, that way we can get on with other stuff with the STO client minimized.

Just a thought.

Max
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bypass the queque already and stop QQing. Alls you have to do is log in and out a few times.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Meynolt wrote: »
    Point remains that we should NEVER, EVER have queues. We pay for a service that shouldn't have things like that. Granted it's a fresh launch etc. but I really hope that they fix that soon because I see a lot of people leaving because of that. It does tend to **** people off like hell Cryptic...

Have you never played an MMO? Queue lines happend EVERY TIME when a new MMO comes out or gets an expansion and everyone just has to wait till the demand slows down. You don't realize how lucky you are when WoW has queue lines in the thousands because of a new contnet patch.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There isn't any excuse at all.

Ultima Online, World of Warcraft, the first dozen games the response and servers being overwhelmed was a shock and I can understand..
    However now that over what.. 50? 60? MM0's have been released, EVERY F$%#$ Developer should expect this TRIBBLE.. But They always act soooo shocked..

INVEST IN YOUR DAMN GAME AND GO TO NEWEGG..

I know you can't afford to invest the 10's of thousands of dollars on the off chance that the game will flop.. However they LEASE these things you know.. And you had a pretty good idea of server load regardless..

This is just pathetic.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i do have to say. that i feel the same about the queue. I understand why we have to have them. but i was just playing and i got kicked. now im in queue a 2nd time today for 489 i mean what the heck. they should resurve server space for people that was just on.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i dont think anyones noticed but cryptic completely ignore these threads they couldnt care less if your stuck in a huge queue and get kicked out. so long as you keep paying your subscription to them they will do nothing
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I dont mind a queue...but this games queue is bollocks...

I waited over 1 hour to get in last night, within 5 min of me getting in I had three friends log in and they all said they didnt wait in a queue.

Also if logging out and in bypasses the queue...thats total rubbish.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is TRIBBLE. Kicked from the game only to be requed, cryptic you suck balls, really big balls.

Back to the pre game superbowl party.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chal wrote:
    This is TRIBBLE. Kicked from the game only to be requed, cryptic you suck balls, really big balls.

Back to the pre game superbowl party.
    hey man i noticed your sig i have the same problem
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've got no problem with a queue.
    In fact I have less problem with a queue in a single-server game than I do a multiple-server game.

But yeah... being kicked and being placed in the queue is harsh. It should definitely follow the lead of MMOs and keep there person's place for a few minutes if they disconnect by unconventional means.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's becoming real tiresom waiting for 20-30 minutes to enter a system/sector space/station only to then crash because you've been innactive for more than 15 minutes and then to be told you have to queue to get back into the game. It has to stop before STO starts hemoraging customers.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    you could try this its risky but worked for me. i pressed the cancel button and tried again first couple times didnt work third time got in no probs
This discussion has been closed.