test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do you dorks care so much about Crafting?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Is it REALLY that important to craft something that is maybe marginally better than drops, and then put it on the Exchange where no one will buy it? If you want to craft, go to Michael's

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    because....

I wanna be, the very best
    like no one ever was
    edited February 2010
    Because crafting gives you a break between leveling. This game brings absolutely nothing to the table except kill / scan / explore 5 (insert thing here). It's an MMO, and it has been an industry standard to have crafting in MMO's, Memory Alpha DOES NOT qualify...
    edited February 2010
    FYI, if you are playing a Star Trek MMO you automatically lose the right to call others dorks.

Pot meet Kettle.
    edited February 2010
    I don't care for crafting but others enjoy it. So why not let them have what they enjoy? so stop calling them dorks ffs.

We are playing STO we all are dorks.
    edited February 2010
    Akula wrote: »
    Because crafting gives you a break between leveling. This game brings absolutely nothing to the table except kill / scan / explore 5 (insert thing here). It's an MMO, and it has been an industry standard to have crafting in MMO's, Memory Alpha DOES NOT qualify...

I don't think anything more needs to be said on this.
    edited February 2010
    I actually really liked crafting in CO, no idea why they screwed up so hard here.
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    I don't care for crafting but others enjoy it. So why not let them have what they enjoy? so stop calling them dorks ffs.

We are playing STO we all are dorks.

Crafting, as has been implemented in other MMO's, doesn't fit in to Star Trek in any reasonable way.
    edited February 2010
    Lol, I can't believe the OP calls you dorks and you just
    answer like it was some kind of normal thread.

Another idiotic Troll Thread amongst a plethora of troll
    inspired threads.

Tedious.
    edited February 2010
    Hanzo wrote: »
    FYI, if you are playing a Star Trek MMO you automatically lose the right to call others dorks.

Pot meet Kettle.

*Cough* qfe
    edited February 2010
    We are all crafters in this game. Just go to your ship and replicate something tasty and tadaa... Crafting as it is in Star Trek.
    edited February 2010
    Hanzo wrote: »

Pot meet Kettle.

Ha ha ha....BURN. :D
    edited February 2010
    Akula wrote: »

If you want a break between levelling, sign off and run on a treadmill. STO isnt about crafting - its about blowing TRIBBLE up. You people are fooling yourselves if you think crafting will be in any way a big selling point for this game.
    edited February 2010
    Darveses wrote: »
    I actually really liked crafting in CO, no idea why they screwed up so hard here.

Erm, this is pretty much the same as CO crafting, other than scanning anomalies instead of breaking stuff down. Both are pretty lackluster IMO.
    edited February 2010
    Its basic Econ 101...Duh???
This discussion has been closed.