test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The only thing that bugs me about queues and Capacity...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Is when your in the game doing your missions, everything is going great, then the game says, "Do you want to beam down to the planet?" You select yes and it boots you from the game. No biggie i will just log in again... Oh wait, there is a 700 person queue... No grace period in the queue for people that are unexpectedly removed from the game due to server issues? Come on guys, even WOW allows you to re-login in front of the queue for 5 minutes... This must be population control...

Maybe they have not thought about it, I would like to look at this thread as more of a suggestion then a rant...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Bump for a look see
    edited February 2010
    Same thing happened to me. I hope its cleared up within next few weeks, and i would really appreciate some time added before my first monthly payment kicks in for all this downtime.
    edited February 2010
    I have to agree! I was dumped and became 788 person in line! That said it went to over 800 just after that! Come on guys its killing us!
    edited February 2010
    Is when your in the game doing your missions, everything is going great, then the game says, "Do you want to beam down to the planet?" You select yes and it boots you from the game. No biggie i will just log in again... Oh wait, there is a 700 person queue... No grace period in the queue for people that are unexpectedly removed from the game due to server issues? Come on guys, even WOW allows you to re-login in front of the queue for 5 minutes... This must be population control...

Maybe they have not thought about it, I would like to look at this thread as more of a suggestion then a rant...

I agree with that. Thats my only complaint about the game so far. Its annoying. At least it gives me time to do stuff.
    edited February 2010
    Why would you be complaining that their are Q's? Obviously Cryptic what suprised at how may people bought STO. There was no way they could possibly have estimated how many customers they were going to have.....O wait, they could have counted how many preorders and had adequate server capacity based upon that?

But then, Cryptic couldn't have possibly had an idea of the capacity of their servers in advance....Oh wait, wasn't that the purpose of beta testing?

Maybe with the exceptionally high world economic growth their is a huge backorder on servers adn they won't be able to get any delivered for months....Oh wait, Cryptic is probably the only buyer of servers today and the manufacturers probably could deliver next day.

Hasn't Cruptic been promising additional server for a couple of weeks?

Maybe it just takes along time to program the servers....Oh wait, they are mirrors. A few hours at most.

Well, I give up. I can't think of any excuse.

Oh wait, Cryptic hasn't given any excuse or any reason at all.

Guess they are all celebrating sales and planning their Super Bowl party.
This discussion has been closed.