test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NCC prefix all bizzaro

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hello, my NCC prefix on my ship is not showing what its supposed to... Instead of NCC-xxxxxx I get a repeating series of numbers like 80148014 etc... I have three ships, two of them show this. Anyone else having these issues?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yep, same here. Changed it to the NX prefix, still didn't fix it. Changed to a different number - NOPE, didn't fix....
    edited February 2010
    This happened to me, and i found out to alot of others too after i made a similar post to yours looking for answers :)

Also the issue shows in the bug reports section in the game so Cryptic seem to be aware of the issue.

On to how to fix it, well it seems there's a bug with certain ship parts, so to correct it you need to use a different ship part to the one you are using.

For example on my ship it was the saucer that didnt show the NNC/NX xxxxxxx correctly so i went to the ship yard and selected a different saucer section (I was using the Vesper design and had to change to the Constitution design) sadly this isnt a real fix as it means you may not always be able to use the ship type you most like but until Cryptic resolve this it may be all we can do for now.

Just make sure that the shipyard preview looks correct and you should be good to go :)

Hope this helps :)
    edited February 2010
    it is a bug in the starship editor, you can fix it by fiddling with the editor. The easiest way is to use the default ship configuration that coincides with your saucer of choice and then re-adjust your customizations accordingly.
This discussion has been closed.