test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Compare this to Champions Online

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
This is the first Cryptic MMO I have played since the City of Heroes launch way back in the day. I don't remember queues for COH. Was it like this for Champions online?

Well I payed for the year up front so there is no point in ranting about the queues but sheeeesh. I would have imagined they would have been prepared for such a warm welcome from the Star Trek community.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    COH had shards. There are no individual shards in STO.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Compare this to Champions Online ..Why?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    STO is the same sh*te with a different skin.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The_Rabbit wrote:
    COH had shards. There are no individual shards in STO.
    First, I thought you were comparing it to CO, not CoH. Second, comparing a semi-generic superhero MMO to Star Trek isn't really a comparison. Apples to broccoli, ya know. At least oranges are fruit.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The games don't play alike at all. They're built on the same engine, but the similarities are very hard to spot unless you're looking for them. I keep seeing people saying this is like CO with a Trek skin, but I don't see it at all. That's like saying Mass Effect and Neverwinter Nights 1 are the same game with different skins cause, after all, it's the same engine. The only real obvious similarity to me is the server set up. It does actually work pretty well, they just need to get the server capacity problem fixed and they'll be golden.

CO never had login queues because CO had nowhere near the level of response STO has. Go figure, it's Star Trek. Who'd have thought that people who play MMOs would like Star Trek??
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Beady wrote: »
    First, I thought you were comparing it to CO, not CoH. Second, comparing a semi-generic superhero MMO to Star Trek isn't really a comparison. Apples to broccoli, ya know. At least oranges are fruit.

Ya, I didn't start the thread, timewarp.
This discussion has been closed.