test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Simple solution to gold spammers?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Ok just an idea, but how about there is no zone shouts or emailing players until ether you have been logged in game for 5 hours or reached a certain level, like ensign 5. Just an idea to prevent these spammers from creating new characters ever 5 mins. On a side note, I guess this would only work if the characters are getting banned.

What do you guys think?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    brokendish wrote: »
    Ok just an idea, but how about there is no zone shouts or emailing players until ether you have been logged in game for 5 hours or reached a certain level, like ensign 5. Just an idea to prevent these spammers from creating new characters ever 5 mins. On a side note, I guess this would only work if the characters are getting banned.

What do you guys think?

Wouldn't work, too many people asking where Sulu is LOL.

What I would recommend is not allowing anyone to speak or send messages unless they have entered a retail key.
    edited February 2010
    Wouldn't work, too many people asking where Sulu is LOL.

What I would recommend is not allowing anyone to speak or send messages unless they have entered a retail key.

The problem with that is, it results in a really poor experience for people who are legitimately trying out the game on a trial key. You have to allow them to communicate at least a little. Maybe just 'group', 'local', 'fleet' and anyone who has friended them.
    edited February 2010
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    The problem with that is, it results in a really poor experience for people who are legitimately trying out the game on a trial key. You have to allow them to communicate at least a little. Maybe just 'group', 'local', 'fleet' and anyone who has friended them.

Yeah this is a better idea.
    edited February 2010
    Yeah that does sound good. Hope some one from cryptic is reading :D
This discussion has been closed.