test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Music, can we get a better soundtrack?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
The music is really lacking in the game. Can't we get a better soundtrack? Such as for fight scenes, some of the classic TOS music? And for space battles... James Horner practically wrote an opera in the Wrath of Kahn soundtrack... Not to mention the great score of Star Trek III...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wildcat84 wrote: »
    The music is really lacking in the game. Can't we get a better soundtrack? Such as for fight scenes, some of the classic TOS music? And for space battles... James Horner practically wrote an opera in the Wrath of Kahn soundtrack... Not to mention the great score of Star Trek III...

Agreed it is missing major enhancement that could be achieved by having a good soundtrack, Maybe it just hasn't been implimented yet. What makes me think that is when you enter DS9 system, the music starts which has me thinking they are wanting to put the Ds9 theme in, they just don't have the permission to do so yet.

Just got to wait for it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Agreed it is missing major enhancement that could be achieved by having a good soundtrack, Maybe it just hasn't been implimented yet. What makes me think that is when you enter DS9 system, the music starts which has me thinking they are wanting to put the Ds9 theme in, they just don't have the permission to do so yet.

Just got to wait for it.

I think this may be the case. CBS owns Star Trek not Cryptic. There are issues of royalties and what not.

Just a side note. You realize you can pump your itunes or winamp through the game right? If you wanted to relive those glorious soundtracks you can just load it up through the game...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ummm... there is a music-player in the game. You could just add that music. Personally I kind of like the soundtrack, especially when entering the sector space: that star trek anthem is perfectly placed.

But I used to listen to Creed, so my taste in music is obviously lacking :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I really like a lot of the music in this game. Granted it's not the music already from the series but then again it isn't any of those series either, it's a new thing. If the game were covering the events of those movies or shows then it might behoove them to have the music, but it isn't so it doesn't.

Enjoy what is a pretty good soundtrack and be grateful for it. If you still aren't pleased, just play the music you want with the built in music player.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I like the music as well granted allot of it is played over and over again but I get passed that . Hell I'm still waiting for my guys to row faster with the battle music.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Just got to wait for it.

One thing SWG still has is a great soundtrack. They have every single great track from John Williams on there.

(of course the game sucks balls now)

There is 40 years worth of music to put into this game. And, I agree, theme it to the area...

The Klingon TOS theme is sorely missing for Klingon encounters...

ie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwLrEcwtFM4&feature=related

For battle music, this NEEDS TO BE IN!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KilBvojsMdw&feature=PlayList&p=5D8995D044842E37&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=11

(Mutara Nebula battle, Star Trek II)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Personally I think the music in the game is great. My only wish is that there was more diversity and more soundtracks, but I guess that will come in time.

I love the "modern classical" and "modern opera". I would like to hear more -- a LOT more.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Personally I think the music in the game is great. My only wish is that there was more diversity and more soundtracks, but I guess that will come in time.

I love the "modern classical" and "modern opera". I would like to hear more -- a LOT more.

The music in the game is good. There isn't enough of it and it's very repetitive.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    wildcat84 wrote: »
    One thing SWG still has is a great soundtrack. They have every single great track from John Williams on there.

(of course the game sucks balls now)

There is 40 years worth of music to put into this game. And, I agree, theme it to the area...

The Klingon TOS theme is sorely missing for Klingon encounters...

ie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwLrEcwtFM4&feature=related

For battle music, this NEEDS TO BE IN!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KilBvojsMdw&feature=PlayList&p=5D8995D044842E37&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=11

(Mutara Nebula battle, Star Trek II)

The difference is SWG has purchased all rights and license for all sound track and sound clips were made avalible.

Cryptic didn't get that much co-operation.
This discussion has been closed.