test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make your First Officer a second character for ground missions

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
So,

I just made Commander the other night, and my character is lacking in Gound Skills as I put them to use in other areas.

The idea I came up with........why not have it so you make 2 characters at creation linked to a single character slot. One will be your Admiral and can only take space skills, the other will be your "First Officer" that can only take ground skills, but both will be you (Not just another BO).

Also make it so the "First officer" is in your crew roster, but does not take up a BO slot, since he can't do anything in space anyway.

This makes sense with TNG lore, as the whole idea of the first officer was to do the Away missions so that the Capt could stay with the ship.

I would rather have more space flexibility like putting points into more than one weapon skill (Example have plasma and phaser weapons) or put points in the Commander & Capt ships without feeling like its wasted later on as they don't stack with the admiral ships.

I wish they would make Ground combat much harder and let you have a first officer in this set up....I dunno how it is at admiral but just having BO's with maxed ground skills plus the first generic engineer skill It's easy to steam roll through ground missions.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think they want people to specialize.

However,
    Danielsun wrote:
    This makes sense with TNG lore, as the whole idea of the first officer was to do the Away missions so that the Capt could stay with the ship.

That makes way too much sense. It really is how it should be.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A good idea would be to have an extra bridge officer slot that after the rank of captain you get an XO slot you can fill in with a BO. Then be able to "play" that XO on away missions.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A good idea would be to have an extra bridge officer slot that after the rank of captain you get an XO slot you can fill in with a BO. Then be able to "play" that XO on away missions.

use your other uniform slots to select looks, uniform, rank, etc and role play all day!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    very very good idea. Its a pain in the #$# tryin to spec in great space combat or great ground, or mediocre in both. You idea would make it possible with this borked skill system. kudos man. Can't believe it hasn't been suggested before. at least that I have noticed.. :p
This discussion has been closed.