• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I fell your pain....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Me:

Logs in and has fun, experiences no problems.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i'm with you. I didnt cancel my wow account to get logged into a queue. This is absurd. They have till my free game time is over to fix this. Otherwise, I am cancelling. Enough is enough. You had a long enough Beta with a big enough response to tell you were going to need more resources. I dont want excuses and explanations...I want to play the flippin game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My experience

Tries to log, huge queue and don't want to wait. Then, I remember "hey, this is a new game and I'll just hang tight for a month and not complain".

Next, I go ride my bike and do some yard work.................

Is this game THAT serious??:confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My experience

Tries to log, huge queue and don't want to wait. Then, I remember "hey, this is a new game and I'll just hang tight for a month and not complain".

That serious? No, but generally when someone pays for a service they want to make use of that service.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    rebelord wrote: »
    Me> Lets play!

*attempts to log into game*
    *gets placed into queue*
    *finally logs in after waiting in queue*
    *warps to next sector map*

Game> Server not responding!
    Me> @#$%!

*attempts to log back into game*
    *gets placed back into an even larger queue*

Me> @#$%!

*Goes to forums to whine*

FTFY

/10char
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As a veteran of EQ2, WOW and LOTRO I agree with the replies re: an MMO's initial community live gameplay. It does take time to work out but is still, nonetheless, incredibly frustrating. This game has tremendous potential. I love being able to login (when I can get on and stay on) for a quick mission when I don't have a lot of time to play. Keep at it Cryptic and we'll see how you perform by the end of this month!
    :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My STO experience:

Me: Let's play!
    *logs in*

Me: I am playing! Ooh I get to shoot things with my gun! Ooh I get to blow things up with a spaceship! Look at that explosion! I'm exploring planets and omg I get first officers and I can make them look awesome this is fun!

Random person: Ah yes, your officer reminds me of a random background character in episode 14 of TOS where Captain Kirk saves a village using a toothpick and a wad of chewing gum.

Me: .... ok! Let's go blow things up!

*weekend*

Me: Hey there's a queue I have to wait a few minutes!

*get in game and plays for a few hours*

Me: Oh no the game disconnected and I have to wait in queue again this sucks but oh well it's a new game I can just do something else so I will!

*does so*

I'd ask for my money back but I'm on the 10 day free trial. I'm really enjoying the game, and at this point am planning on buying it. The server issues do suck but I am confident that they will be resolved. After 10 years of playing MMOs I've learned that getting ****ed and throwing a fit over these things doesn't change anything. WoW had these problems for years and I still love this game.

Also, the ability to customize everything in this game is amazing, I love it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My experience

*APPLAUSE* Exactly what I was thinking.

Cryptic is aware of the issues and they are working on it. Posting your frustration isn't going to catch their attention in any way or make them go faster. Have patience, young padawan. (Yeah, that's right, I said the word "padawan" on a Star Trek forum. I went there.)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Some people have time to play the game and can go and do other things, however I only get a certain amount of time to play (working and family life)

This is frustrating but I will hold judgement for a month or so, if no improvement then I will cancel my subscription, simple as that.

Remember the best things come to those who wait...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Me> Lets play!

*attempts to log into game*
    *gets placed into queue*
    *finally logs in after waiting in queue*
    *warps to next sector map*

Game> Server not responding!
    Me> @#$%!

*attempts to log back into game*
    *gets placed back into an even larger queue*

Me> @#$%!

*leaves to go play another game*

I'm not to the point of leaving the game but i believe this is bull$%^&. i was disconnected 4 times. That means i was in que 4 times in a row, waiting each time. now i'm in a 700 que. and i'm ****ed!!:mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I got my retail copy of the game yesterday. I was able to play with only a few problems. Last night, the server disconnected me twice in a row for no reason (I was able to log back in immediately each time).

There is some lag... I've noticed some rubberbanding but it's not to the point of irritation yet.

*shrug* These problems have been so minor that I almost don't notice them. If the random disconnects had happened a few more times, I might have gotten a bit irritated though :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That serious? No, but generally when someone pays for a service they want to make use of that service.

Oh come on! I have NO experience with MMO's and I can't imagine how hard it must be to keep this thing going. Hell, my PC takes a TRIBBLE sometimes and that's ONE person on ONE computer. You should have waited and read reviews if you didn't want to deal with launch issues.

I think a lot of people just like to complain and act like they can do better.

Well, go do it then..................I'm waiting..................
This discussion has been closed.