test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am I the only one who's never seen the Queue?

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    if you have never seen one this is what you get :-)

We're sorry but the game servers are currently full and there is a queue to start playing.

your queue postition is 465 out of 465 when this message disapears you will loggin.

but your more likly to see same with 273 of 541 then 572 of 928 as you get to character screen then get kicked out again :-((

with a nice 30 to 50min wait between each enjoyable queue dam wouldn't mind if you was queuing for a beer in a pub in the middle of a desert.

this is worse than champions online who ever gave cryptic the licence for this mmo needs shooting as they have alread proven they cant host a mmo.

sucks if your from europe.
    edited February 2010
    Couldn't log in for a few hours during the middle of open beta because the servers were full once , but have never seen a queue.
    edited February 2010
    been sitting here for about 20 mins, started out at 609, now 236 out of 711, only second time ive seen a que, first time was last night and was 5 of 5.
    edited February 2010
    Only queue ive seen this weekend... I was 10 out of 33.... last about 1 minute to wait.
    edited February 2010
    I'm serious. I see all of these people whining about the queue, and I've never seen it. I logged in last night at the same time a Fleetie was, and we were talking on Vent. He got stuck in the queue, and I didn't.

Or is it that the queue isn't as bad as the forum topics would try to make us believe?

It largely depends on the time you try to log in. I've never seen the Queue either, not until just now anywho. 312 / 312. I'm alright with that though, just browsing the forums while I wait.
    edited February 2010
    I saw it once...like a UFO...it came and then went...!
    edited February 2010
    I'm serious. I see all of these people whining about the queue, and I've never seen it. I logged in last night at the same time a Fleetie was, and we were talking on Vent. He got stuck in the queue, and I didn't.

Or is it that the queue isn't as bad as the forum topics would try to make us believe?

I've never seen the que either. Your not alone.
    edited February 2010

I haven't ran into it yet either, just lucky i guess.
    edited February 2010

I have not seen a queue since final. Strange.
    edited February 2010

well, im #749 right now :p

bugs, crashes, emergency maintenance are all normal things to a new MMO (and even some old ones :) )

but full server is a problem, at least the devs already posted in the site that they are increasing the capacity
    edited February 2010
    So where is the promised expanded server capacity?
    edited February 2010
    I was in queue once and that was when they added it. have not seen it since:)
    edited February 2010
    350 now :D
    edited February 2010
    Well - dont quote me on this - but from experiance the queue is utterly bugged.

Every time I see a queue, I cancel and relog.

The most times ive had to do that was 4. So from a queue of 787 people I logged/cancelled/logged 4 times which took less than a minute.
    edited February 2010
    Maidel wrote: »
    Well - dont quote me on this - but from experiance the queue is utterly bugged.

Every time I see a queue, I cancel and relog.

The most times ive had to do that was 4. So from a queue of 787 people I logged/cancelled/logged 4 times which took less than a minute.

that's cheating!! shame on you! :p
    edited February 2010
    that's cheating!! shame on you! :p

Yea - but im playing....
    edited February 2010
    The issue with the queue is that there are multiple login servers. One may be full and another may be empty.

If you are #700 in a line of 800, you wait behind the other 699 people in that line. However, not every line is that long.

There are thousands waiting in separate lines. Capacity should improve as they install the extra server clusters they ordered during beta (I'm thinking that will be tonight's downtime) and also after the grace period ends and people who preordered need to enter retail keys to keep playing. There seem to be a number of people who canceled after getting their preorder key or who bought the 99 cent Target preorder box. Preorder accounts without the retail CD key will not count after tomorrow.

They also seem to be working on ways to intelligently place and move people between lines if one of them winds up shorter or empty.
    edited February 2010
    1 min ago I was in the game, no queue. I never was in any queue, strange. Maybe ST:O likes me :)
    edited February 2010
    As long as the "WTF! I need a credit card/game card give personal information to subscribe!" crowd go i will live with a queue (if i ever get into one).Biggest bunch of morons i have ever seen
    edited February 2010
    Ive been seeing these que threads all afternoon so i decided id do something else but i got bored so decided to join the queue, didnt see one, been playin for the last couple hours no problems, only stopped now cause i want food..
    edited February 2010
    Been playing all week, not queued once :s
    edited February 2010

I've neve seen the queue, other than once during the head start. Its odd, as I can log out and back in even though I know others in my Fleet are queueing.
    edited February 2010

Here you go!

Problem solved, move along :D
    edited February 2010
    Never ever seen a queue or been booted from the game. Though I am from Australia, I played basically from 6am to midnight and saw nothing on the weekend. Usually my morning is your peak time.
    edited February 2010
    I've yet to see a queue ever. And I definitely play at peak hours too.
    edited February 2010
    never seen one either beside the PVP ones and that maybe only two to 3 minutes max
    edited February 2010
    I saw it during head start but not since. I get in right away and fast.
    edited February 2010
    Never seen it myself, neither has my wife on hers.
    edited February 2010
    Liden wrote:
    I saw it during head start but not since. I get in right away and fast.

Same here. Haven't hit the queue all week. I must be lucky.
    edited February 2010
    I have seen the queue multiple times in the past few days seemingly with increasing frequency, but not when I initally log in. I am getting kicked out of the server and then I have to wait to get back in. A load of ca-ca if you ask me. No, I am not afk and getting kicked, it has mostly happened when I have a loading screen between sectors/systems, but a couple of times it has happened right in the middle of a space battle or a ground mission. The only thing that keeps me from being really ticked off about it is that the game saves my progress and I can continue pretty much from where I was. Still inconvenient however.
This discussion has been closed.