test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

god will you people shut the hell up!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
god i am getting sick and tired of people coming on and *****ing about the problems in the game. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT THEN QUIT!. no one forced you to buy the game. no one is forcing you to play.
Unless you have created a mmorpg on this scale (muds, text based games and mod for other games do not count) with no bug, no glitches, no problems and no complaints then you have no right to just come on and "this game sucks, or cryptic fails, or ect..."

P.S. i am not a fanboy.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So I take it you forgot today's anger management meeting?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Everyone has the right to make constructive criticism, but it needs to be just that...constructive.

Now the "OMFG Cryptic fails! and "I hate STO's guts out!" crowds on the other hand can indeed shut up and get lost.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    tuckerpb wrote: »
    P.S. i am not a fanboy.

Oh, phew! I'm so glad you posted this, i almost thought you were a fan boy with that ''you dont like it, quit'' and ''your not allowed to comment about this game in a negative manner'' attitude.

Great post, the forum really needed this thanks for posting.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Its always constructive to complain about the complainers. If you enjoy the game so much shouldn't you be playing it??
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think the way in which the post was worded was inappropriate and a bit fanboyish ;) hehe

But you have a point. I do have a lot of issues with the game but i always try to balance it in my mind with the fact that the game is also good fun. made me chuckle the op did
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    "Captain - we're at Flame-Level 10, sir"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    How are you guys going to fill the void in your lives after they lock the forums and/or all the complainers move on to other games?

I guess you'll turn on each other like rabid dogs and argue about who's build is closer to canon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    god i am getting sick and tired of people coming on and *****ing about the problems in the game. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT THEN QUIT!. no one forced you to buy the game. no one is forcing you to play.
    Unless you have created a mmorpg on this scale (muds, text based games and mod for other games do not count) with no bug, no glitches, no problems and no complaints then you have no right to just come on and "this game sucks, or cryptic fails, or ect..."

P.S. i am not a fanboy.

god i am getting sick and tired of people coming on and *****ing about the problems on the forums. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT THEN QUIT!. no one forced you to log on to the forums. no one is forcing you to read.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No one forced you to read these people's threads...

See what I did there?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well I have until march 5th on my account and seeing how trolling the forums is alot more fun then the actual game.......sorry, you're stuck with us until at least then.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    How are you guys going to fill the void in your lives after they lock the forums and/or all the complainers move on to other games?

I guess you'll turn on each other like rabid dogs and argue about who's build is closer to canon.

My Defiant has forward 2x quantums, 2x dual phaser cannons, and aft 1x phaser beam array, 1x aft photon, combined with ablative armour!!! :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Have you considered not reading the complaints threads? That is, unless you're being forced to?
  • Options
    edited February 2010

P.S. i am not a fanboy.

Irony. This was certainly constructive. Oh right, those standards don't apply to fans. You mega fans get to say STFU or GTFO and such, because it's constructive when you do it. Lol.
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    Everyone has the right to make constructive criticism, but it needs to be just that...constructive.

Now the "OMFG Cryptic fails! and "I hate STO's guts out!" crowds on the other hand can indeed shut up and get lost.

What the hell do you call the OP?? He says no complaints allowed, he swears, then suggests people leave the game. Then you endorse that attitude. Let's not hold fans to the same standard though.

How about they ban every apologist for trying to shout down every criticism, constructive or not?

Fun to watch the fans and haters go in circles, each doing exactly what they accuse the other of doing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    nerd RAGE!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    We need people to complain, what we don't need are the people who bash.

it's one things to say....

this game isn't fun, some of the missions get repetitive, you could do this, this, and this to make it fun for me.

but it's another to say.....

This game Sux, It's going to fail, when TOR come out this game is not going to be around. don't buy it because it sucks. worst game ever, WOW is better then this.

the first is helpful, the last is not, and personally I think they should Ban those people because they take up space, and they don't provide any good feed back.

there now you know the two types of complaining.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bigwig wrote: »
    Oh, phew! I'm so glad you posted this, i almost thought you were a fan boy with that ''you dont like it, quit'' and ''your not allowed to comment about this game in a negative manner'' attitude.

Great post, the forum really needed this thanks for posting.

Posting negative constructive comments are surely welcome.

However, the posts reading 'I HATE STO, I WONT KEEP PLAYING THIS, OMG OMG OMG THIS COMPANY SUCKS, ITS LAGGING, SOME MISSIONS DONT WORK' is not exactly helpful to anyone and are best kept to themselves.

If you don't like the game, and can't give any constructive comments, please uninstall it, and quitely leave.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

P.S. i am not a fanboy.

In a way I (and plenty of others) WERE FORCED into buying, you know why .....

People heard it was called Star Trek, saw a few screens and thought Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy this MUST be the game of the century , and it should of been.
    I preordered with my rose tinted glasses on which was unrefundable.

I paid £45 for a shoddy game technically server wise , and gameplay, i WILL post on these forums and have my free month which i paid good money for posting on these forums.

When i watch Star Trek on tv now i think of this game and think why did such a great series have to be associated with this lame fiasco.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

P.S. i am not a fanboy.

I hope they do not shut up. More than one fleet is using troll gushing as a way to create ban lists in the game. You just make sure they are /ignored and then on your fleets global ignore list (if you set one up) and then you have a good chance of making a better playing experience.

And here I am not talking about someone who wants colored phasers.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah the current topics that are annoying me are;

Gold spamemrs!
    This Game sucks!
    If <insert stupid random person and or company here> made STO
    Why so laggy?
    Damn those Queues!!
    I am so quitting..
    Where is my skimpy uniform?
    Halp I crashed into my desk and can't find the borg!
    Whine whine generic whinge here
    EVE ONLINE IS BETTER!?!!
    I need my mom to help me press space bar
    World of Warcraft stuff
    WoW is better
    Wow wow woww wwow wow
    THIS SITE GIVES YOU EYE CANCER!!
    Payment whinge!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Battleunit wrote: »
    I hope they do not shut up. More than one fleet is using troll gushing as a way to create ban lists in the game. You just make sure they are /ignored and then on your fleets global ignore list (if you set one up) and then you have a good chance of making a better playing experience.

So THAT'S why nobody ever responds to me in chat! No wonder!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Battleunit wrote: »

Most people who see any sense wont be around after the free month anyway.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So THAT'S why nobody ever responds to me in chat! No wonder!

I am really disappointed with you Homeboy!! :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    I am really disappointed with you Homeboy!! :(

That's what my mom always says. :(
This discussion has been closed.