test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic, why not just tell us about "Paths"?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
All the posts about new or contiued "Path to 2409"s and you said nothing, why couldn't you just say,

"It will be continued in the Star Trek Online novel, 'The needs of the many."?

It's short, would have shut us up and generated interest in the book.

I just don't understand :(
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Then again, maybe they don't answer because questions get buried to page 10 pretty quickly.

From Amazon.co.uk

"The Needs of the Many (Star Trek Online) (Mass Market Paperback)

Prior to the terror-filled times of the Long War -- the seemingly endless struggle against the Undine, a paranoid, shapeshifting race once known only as Species 8472 -- enemy sleeper agents quietly penetrated every echelon of Federation society, as well as other starfaring civilizations throughout the Alpha and Beta quadrants. The ensuing conflict shook humanity to is very core, often pitting its highest ideals against a pure survival instinct. All too often the Undine War demanded the harshest of sacrifices and exacted the steepest of personal costs. Drawn from his exhaustive research and interviews, The Needs of the Many delivers a glimpse of Betar Prize-winning author Jake Sisko's comprehensive 'living history' of ths tumultuous era. With collaborator Michael A. Martin, Sisko illuminates an often poorly-understood time, an age marked equally by fear and by courage.
    "

Any comment Cryptic, Devs, GMs...?
    edited February 2010
    What exactly has the book got to do with sto? and why would cryptic want to tell us about it? are they involved with it somehow?
    edited February 2010
    I think that book is separate from the "Path" series. Not the same author. I asked about it recently, and was told that they are planning to finish it.
    edited February 2010
    What exactly has the book got to do with sto? and why would cryptic want to tell us about it? are they involved with it somehow?

It's THE Star Trek Online novel, bridging the gap between Path to 2409: 2392 and the current events in the game... I'd say that's pretty closely tied to STO.
    edited February 2010
    siriusds89 wrote: »
    Then again, maybe they don't answer because questions get buried to page 10 pretty quickly.

From Amazon.co.uk

"The Needs of the Many (Star Trek Online) (Mass Market Paperback)

Prior to the terror-filled times of the Long War -- the seemingly endless struggle against the Undine, a paranoid, shapeshifting race once known only as Species 8472 -- enemy sleeper agents quietly penetrated every echelon of Federation society, as well as other starfaring civilizations throughout the Alpha and Beta quadrants. The ensuing conflict shook humanity to is very core, often pitting its highest ideals against a pure survival instinct. All too often the Undine War demanded the harshest of sacrifices and exacted the steepest of personal costs. Drawn from his exhaustive research and interviews, The Needs of the Many delivers a glimpse of Betar Prize-winning author Jake Sisko's comprehensive 'living history' of ths tumultuous era. With collaborator Michael A. Martin, Sisko illuminates an often poorly-understood time, an age marked equally by fear and by courage.
    "

Any comment Cryptic, Devs, GMs...?

I hope I am wrong but the book synopsis sounds so much more exciting than the game at this stage.... I bet the characters dont get sent to some planets and scan cocoons....
    edited February 2010
    They've talked about this tons of times. The person writing the path, Kestral, has much more to do than just that and those other, higher-priority things (like the actual game) took precedence. They have said before that the book will include elements of the path.
    edited February 2010
    Kaellorien wrote:
    I hope I am wrong but the book synopsis sounds so much more exciting than the game at this stage.... I bet the characters dont get sent to some planets and scan cocoons....

I believe they spend the first 5 chapters (out of 12) trapped in an anomalous QUEUE!
This discussion has been closed.