test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Give it time

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hi everyone I've been reading alot of post with supper original post with titles like "STAR TREK OFFLINE" and ... well thats it i think. while im not try to say any of you guys are wrong, i am trying to say i think we need to give it time. when cryptic released champions online there was also a million posts called champions offline and it was still funny when i saw them. but now it a respectable MMO. I dont play it any more but it got alot better before i gave it up. and because it wasn't for me.
anyway what im saying is that we need to give the game some time to patch out all the bugs and glitches out of the game before we all start saying it suck. from what i've played the game seems pretty good. im only posting this because i've seen alot of negitive post about game trying to get on their feet after an opening. remember alot of these bug are because of the games huge turnout, which i will say the dev's should have expected.
so im sure al of people will will reply this saying how stupid i am because thats how these things work, but i just wanted say that so thanks if you read this far.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hmm Im sure they should have done that during beta and not while we are playing and PAYING..Im not having a poke at STO as it seems MMORPG's in general seem to have the same attitude when releasing unfinished and buggy software....fix it while the subscriber pays. Wonder what they all do during beta:confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    They had a choice. Time invested in quality and innovative deep design and story VS. recycled engine, shallow game play, horrible story(or lack thereof), massive grind, no choices to make in a quest EVER, and a big fat publication bonus. They chose greed over quality. So in answer to "Give it time":

NO.
    Time does not improve the overall quality of TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you give this game time, no one will play it as SW: TOR will come out then and revolutionize the MMO world. This game is on borrowed time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    gotta love the posts like those...

Cryptic got given 2 years, they did fine.

I wish they would lock the forums to subscribers only already, so we can get rid of the mass of idiots so far, and then people who are PAYING who have a right to cry/whine can do so and thats good.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Harvest wrote:
    They had a choice. Time invested in quality and innovative deep design and story VS. recycled engine, shallow game play, horrible story(or lack thereof), massive grind, no choices to make in a quest EVER, and a big fat publication bonus. They chose greed over quality. So in answer to "Give it time":

NO.
    Time does not improve the overall quality of TRIBBLE.
    And you're still doing here what excatly...?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    so do you all even play this game because the way you all are talking about it you don't seem to like it very much. because if you all play this game and turn around and talk $h!t about it. then you should give this game up and go program a better game yourself. because noone want to hear the opinion of a stuck up nerd that makes fun of this game and then plays it every chance they get. which is most likely what some of you are doing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And you're still doing here what excatly...?

Gathering information, gaining a feel for how the people in the forums are reacting. Copying the boards and posts. watching Cryptic's interaction (or lack thereof). Mostly just watching for the signs of death. Cryptic studios, Bill Roper, Jack Emerett , and Star Trek Online cannot be fired and closed fast enough in my opinion. The only way to get a great Star Trek game, that the ip deserves is to have it taken from these greedy dimwits and handed to a company that might actually care. So I come here, watch the rage mount, and smile.

Call me what you will, insult me how you will. I still want my 10 dollars back from that waste of space Champions Online. I will tell anybody and everybody I can get to listen to avoid this studio and game like the plague. I think they took a fantastic IP and ****ed it into the ground. I had been waiting on a decent ST mmo since I started playing ultima online. When perpetual closed, and an "undisclosed bay studio" got the game I was overjoyed. Then I saw who got it, and after champions had a good idea what they were going to do to **** it up. And I was right. They are unethical, immoral, greedy, on the lowest end of the talent scale, and could care less about their customers. It is my duty as a consumer and a human to watch them fail with all the glee I can muster. Malicious? Yup. Sadistic? Maybe a little. Cruel? NO. I am treating Cryptic how they treat me. Don't get me wrong. I don't hate the game anymore than I hate the trash in my trash can, but it, like the trash in my trash can...is trash. Star Trek Deserved better. But on the bright side. BioShock 2 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

That answer your question?
This discussion has been closed.