test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Allow people already logged in to skip queues...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
The server allows only so many to be logged in without deteriorating effects to those already logged in... i understand the need for queues etc

but....

I just got DC'd due to *random reason to avoid trolling*, so i logged in with my laptop to be faced with a 500+ queue which was ticking down one at a time... at which point i thought TRIBBLE this and logged out

No this game isnt wow, but at least wow does allow some grace if you do get DC'd, logged out or whatever, that you have 5-10 mins to get back in without a queue and carry on (this is based on the time when new expansion came out and every sever had a queue to log on)

Some thought to this please
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    they wont be doing that because as far as I know lifetime subscriber have NO queues... that means if there´s not enough space on the server and a LTS logs on, someone with no LTS will be getting randomly kicked...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    they wont be doing that because as far as I know lifetime subscriber have NO queues... that means if there´s not enough space on the server and a LTS logs on, someone with no LTS will be getting randomly kicked...

Wrong...LTS have to stand in the queue just like everyone else....I should know...I'm a LTS.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    they ordered new parts to increase capacity during the beta, and the put that on rush order, pretty sure that came through already, which is why i don't understand this TRIBBLE......

esp if i am already in the game and i get booted because of a stupid server not responding, then i am stuck in a frick Q of 1044 ppl and i am the 1044 person

not a good thing cryptic, basically you guys fricken suck so far...love the game but your tech and pr reps fricken suck eggs
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kraevac wrote: »
    Wrong...LTS have to stand in the queue just like everyone else....I should know...I'm a LTS.

You have have the other LTS because i've never had a queue.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have a liftetime sub, I don't have to stand in queue, but its not a good thing. I need to manually try to connect dozens or more times before I get in. And then the game crashes and it starts again.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hurleybird wrote: »
    I have a liftetime sub, I don't have to stand in queue, but its not a good thing. I need to manually try to connect dozens or more times before I get in. And then the game crashes and it starts again.

Imagine if you crashed a dozen times before you could get in AND had to wait in queue for every attempt.
    Yeah thats them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jujube wrote: »
    You have have the other LTS because i've never had a queue.

I haven't stood in a queue lately, but I have stood in a few queues. With that said, I generally try to logon during times that aren't during peak....I try to logon before 2-3 pm EST, because I know that once those players get home from work, the influx of players is gong to be quite high. I'm on PST so I kind of have an advantage over other players.

But I have stood in 3-4 queues and yes I've been booted out of the queue, only to have to try again....it sucked.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Same thing happened to me. Been waiting an hour now almost. This game is going from bad to worse the farther I rank up... At least the missions and space combat are still awesome.

Cryptic has a LOT of work to do though. This game is a fatbody that really needs some PT.
This discussion has been closed.