test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

State Of The Game

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Nothing more enjoyable in an MMO than sitting here reading the forums and all the little boys QQing. Lets see the first weekend right after the launch so there is going to be a high population. We have had the note in the launcher all week that they were adding more capacity this weekend and people are still whining and *****ing. Then I remember when STO was first announced and then the company went under and Cryptic picked it up and people on these forums were so happy they were just shitting themselves. This is not unlike any other MMO launch out there. In fact it has all the characterstics of being a great MMO hence why I definately will not drop it. Take a look at all the MMO's of course we have had queue's with alot of them at launch. GOOD end game content was not introduced in any major MMO until after the release of the product. In fact think of WoW and what was the original end game content? Yeah hard to remember huh? It doesnt matter because to be a great MMO it grows and grows more with its community.

How long will STO last? Well since they are in the black from the retail purchases made already and the amount of people playing this game will last much longer than the month or 2 years I have seen. Then alot of you who say I am not playing this TRIBBLE. What else are you going to play? If your a true gamer you will be back because you understand the outlay of a launch and understand that with it comes trials. TBH this has been a really smooth launch. Remember WoW queues? OMG if your crying now you would not of been able to handle the WoW queues and what did they do? expanded and they didnt give any notice like STO has for a week.

So for those of you staying and playing hope to see ya in game because this in the end is gonna be a kickass MMO.

Those of you not staying good luck hope you get your money back but in 1-6 months come visit these forums and see what has been done I think you will be surprised.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Do you like...work for cryptic?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh and for those of you who think there is going to be a massive subscriber loss? Not happening simple reason is there are alot of casual players who do not even come to the forums and love to play the game. There is always gamers out there threatening that there will be a subscriber loss and it never happens unless it is an absolutely horrible game and this is not that.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    chronykle wrote: »
    because this in the end is gonna be a kickass MMO.

Acceptable for a company that has never made an MMO before. Of which Cryptic is not.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LinkReborn wrote: »
    Do you like...work for cryptic?

He lives in a park full of deers. I don't think he has a job...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lx31 wrote:

Right because sitting around and *****ing on forums is really a great way show you're career standings.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Personally I am disappointed. The wait times are kind a of annoying. The server not responding when doing a mission is bad, and when I do play it feels like a single player game. Other then that I'm ok with it :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nothing more enjoyable in an MMO than sitting here reading the forums and all the little boys QQing. Lets see the first weekend right after the launch so there is going to be a high population. We have had the note in the launcher all week that they were adding more capacity this weekend and people are still whining and *****ing. Then I remember when STO was first announced and then the company went under and Cryptic picked it up and people on these forums were so happy they were just shitting themselves. This is not unlike any other MMO launch out there. In fact it has all the characterstics of being a great MMO hence why I definately will not drop it. Take a look at all the MMO's of course we have had queue's with alot of them at launch. GOOD end game content was not introduced in any major MMO until after the release of the product. In fact think of WoW and what was the original end game content? Yeah hard to remember huh? It doesnt matter because to be a great MMO it grows and grows more with its community.

How long will STO last? Well since they are in the black from the retail purchases made already and the amount of people playing this game will last much longer than the month or 2 years I have seen. Then alot of you who say I am not playing this TRIBBLE. What else are you going to play? If your a true gamer you will be back because you understand the outlay of a launch and understand that with it comes trials. TBH this has been a really smooth launch. Remember WoW queues? OMG if your crying now you would not of been able to handle the WoW queues and what did they do? expanded and they didnt give any notice like STO has for a week.

So for those of you staying and playing hope to see ya in game because this in the end is gonna be a kickass MMO.

Those of you not staying good luck hope you get your money back but in 1-6 months come visit these forums and see what has been done I think you will be surprised.

Excellent post. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    you know what's funny is the fact that we have all these ignorant people mad about the queue system, and the down time. but what they don't relies is that it's not that bad. I've been in other launchers before, including WOW, and I would have to say. this isn't that bad of a launch, sure it's sad when the server is down, but that's part of it.

also great post, loved it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    tl;dr

10chars
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh and for those of you who think there is going to be a massive subscriber loss? Not happening simple reason is there are alot of casual players who do not even come to the forums and love to play the game. There is always gamers out there threatening that there will be a subscriber loss and it never happens unless it is an absolutely horrible game and this is not that.

Too bad that doesn't apply to this game. EVERYONE that plays this game has come to the forums. EVERYONE. You think there are tons of people out there that bought this game and just sit there not knowing what is going on with, the state of the game, login ques, server capacity, downtimes ect. You've gotta be joking, or you're living in an alternate universe.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Except for the fact that every MMO since WoW has had a substantial subscriber loss after the first free month, and even moreso in the following months.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lx31 wrote:

Actually true that!!!! HAHAHA I live in a little town that decided to name the town after the animal kingdom around us. Quite a beautiful place and when the queues are up I can go outside see the mountains and not worry about whether or not I will make it in or I just log into LOTRO which by the way if you want content that game rocks with more content than can make your head spin.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    "kickass MMORPG"?

THIS?

I mean, 15 years of MMORPG excellence for me now, and I'm used to delusional fanboiism, but "kickass MMORPG" and "STO" don't match. Seriously.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Machfrons wrote:
    Except for the fact that every MMO since WoW has had a substantial subscriber loss after the first free month, and even moreso in the following months.

And name one major MMO that has shut their servers down? In fact I play LOTRO when I dont play this and it has a great base of players with tons of content. I think that is the problem with alot of newer gamers pick up a backup game so that when your main game is down you can log into the other til the main game gets fixed. Then you dont get so stressed about the main game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    "kickass MMORPG"?

THIS?

I mean, 15 years of MMORPG excellence for me now, and I'm used to delusional fanboiism, but "kickass MMORPG" and "STO" don't match. Seriously.

Sure it is with a launch that hasnt been that bad and since you have 15 years of excellence you should know this. And since MMO's are very niche at the moment and there is not alot out there to fit ones style I would say this is a pretty kickass game. And seriously is fanboiism all ya got? Your talking full on boy bandiism here!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Philroe wrote: »
    Too bad that doesn't apply to this game. EVERYONE that plays this game has come to the forums. EVERYONE. You think there are tons of people out there that bought this game and just sit there not knowing what is going on with, the state of the game, login ques, server capacity, downtimes ect. You've gotta be joking, or you're living in an alternate universe.

Its not an alternate universe in fact they have said in the past maybe 10% of the playerbase actually visits a games forums and the reason being is because they are always full of the eventful strife I love so much to watch...........
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    good post friend :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sure it is with a launch that hasnt been that bad and since you have 15 years of excellence you should know this. And since MMO's are very niche at the moment and there is not alot out there to fit ones style I would say this is a pretty kickass game. And seriously is fanboiism all ya got? Your talking full on boy bandiism here!!!

Except for the graphics, there is nothing "kickass" about it.
This discussion has been closed.