test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ground Mission Ideas

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Loveing STO so far!
Space Combat is great, but the ground missions need work. Setting aside the space and combat missions for the moment I have some suggestions for the Diplomatic/mystery/problem solving missions.

It would be nice if your BO's had a little more personality, mabey uttering random comments to you (or even better, each other perhaps small conversations, differing opinions on the situation) depending on mission text and scripted events. also there should be more to it then, run to location, scan, read updated mission text, run to location 2, scan... read updated mission text....

what if after a scan you needed to meet certain requirements to "solve" that problem.. ie.. disarming a Bomb, should require a tatical officer with (IDK, photon grenade, if your captain is not), healing a colonest should require the presense of a science officer with "medical tricorder" skill. say an engineer is needed, but all you have with you is a tac officer and a science officer, a perfect opportunity for your Science BO to speak up "I'm a doctor, not an.."

I find I'm thinking of my Bo's more like PC's in a single player RPG, and less like pets, I would like the ability to further improve/interact with them, and have them play a bigger role in Away Missions.

Thanks.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'd be happy with them doubling damage of everything on the ground, it just feels slow.
This discussion has been closed.