test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kicked out of gameplay just to stay in que

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Ok I understand the que...fine...but I have allready waited in the borg line of 172 out of 420...i was in the mission I was playing the mission and just to get disconnected from server halfway through the mission and wait in line again is ****ing despicable!!!

ONCE YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE SERVER YOU SHOULD BE IN THE SERVER AND ESPECIALLY DURING THE MISSION!!!!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    RABBLE! Rabble rabble rabble!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Anatoly wrote:

Please pay me money and I won't rabble otherwise shut the fck up
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    just about every mmo at launch has login qeues, the most recent being AION and now STO.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    tempnexus wrote:
    Please pay me money and I won't rabble otherwise shut the fck up

now now play nice
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I get what you are saying. I was, also, in a mission, disconnected, and then made to stand in a damn queue, again.

Is this what the big solution was to handle all the players? Cause they really need to rethink this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have to agree with the OP, it rubs salt in the wound to be disconnected from the server and then sit in line at the queue again. It's like being pulled off a ride halfway through and then being told to go to the back of the line again.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    tempnexus wrote:
    Ok I understand the que...fine...but I have allready waited in the borg line of 172 out of 420...i was in the mission I was playing the mission and just to get disconnected from server halfway through the mission and wait in line again is ****ing despicable!!!

ONCE YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE SERVER YOU SHOULD BE IN THE SERVER AND ESPECIALLY DURING THE MISSION!!!!

This is a good concern. If you are disconnected, you should be placed in the front of the queue. I know WoW does that. An accidental disconnect and you got back in quick, skipping the queue. Common sense.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Anatoly wrote:

The OP has a valid point, once you are in the game you shouldn't have to wait in queue again if you happen to be disconnected and you get back in within 10 minutes or so. You should show a little respect here as your response shows very little and is not productive in the least.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nazferiti wrote:
    your response shows very little and is not productive in the least.

Thats like the motto for this entire goddamned forum.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    tempnexus wrote:

While I agree that reconnecting priority is a worthy option and does help a bit I am sure the 1000+ queued to get in would argue 'why do you get priority over me? Just because the system bugged you out. I pay my subs too' and not my fault your got dc'ed.' And maybe when you queued it took 30mins whereas when those on now it takes 2 hours. Think a little about that.. its a no win situation on either side.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sorry for being ****ed but I just came back form shoveling my driveway and sidewalk and just wanted to have a bit of Me Time before the kids wake up...so exuse me for not being on Cryptic time schedule for a game I paid for.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Being able to skip queue after a discon would help to an extent. Sitting in line of 700+ gives you too much time to ponder how you just lost a chunk of progress in current mission due to the discon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MojoOjom wrote: »
    Being able to skip queue after a discon would help to an extent. Sitting in line of 700+ gives you too much time to ponder how you just lost a chunk of progress in current mission due to the discon.

That's the real kick to the groin, too. I can handle the queue, I really can, but to get in only to be disconnected after 20 mins and then have to wait at the back of this ever-growing line for longer than I was playing seems like a GIANT step backwards.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    tempnexus wrote:

Yup same thing happened to me I was tooling along feeling pretty good and suddenly I was rolling back, the lag beam was more than my shields could handle.

I found myself disconnected from the bridge and thrust out the air lock into the Void aka.. Que.

At this point I know the game just released and I remember the extremelly painful start up WoW had.

Lemme say this .. fix it. The problems are caused by users who want to play which means you got the cash. Fix this.

Oh and great game so far love it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Anatoly wrote:
    Thats like the motto for this entire goddamned forum.

Then change that by making productive responses. I happen to agree with the concept that if you are in game you should not have to wait in queue if the game kicks you for some reason. I do also agree that in certain circumstances the queue is acceptable as a temporary solution to a capacity issue.

If however the queue becomes the rule rather than the exception I will not be on the forums posting QQ, I will be voting in a language that Cryptic understands and that is $$.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is a good concern. If you are disconnected, you should be placed in the front of the queue. I know WoW does that. An accidental disconnect and you got back in quick, skipping the queue. Common sense.

EXACTLY-- BUT THE TRIBBLE THAT WORK AT CRYPTIC DONT UNDERSTAND COMMON SENSE
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The problems are caused by users who want to play which means you got the cash. Fix this.

Generally speaking most MMO's plow so much money into the development,marketing and release of the game they don't realise any profit until many months, sometimes years after release (if at all). As such the gaming companies are very risk adverse to spending loads of cash they don't have (it's repaying their debts) until their financial metrics tell them they will get their investment back. Don't get me wrong, they will invest but only after much discussion and grinding of teeth. Having investors is a ***** to truly being able to address these problems in a timely manner, even if they factored in such an event as a contingency. Such is business, especially in MMO's.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hehe able to do one Fleet action and going back to sector space GOT KICKED OUT AGAIN AND BACK IN THE QUE of 920!!!

OK WTF GET IT TOGETHER CRYPTIC!!!
    I MEAN HONESTLY WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I got the same AND IT IS A ****ING JOKE!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    have been disconnected as well, it is very sad.

Now, the more ppl will be upset, the shorter the queue will be next crash :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    faithborn wrote:
    just about every mmo at launch has login qeues, the most recent being AION and now STO.

Might be but they dont kick you first to have to wait in a ****ing queue after!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I mean honestly I understand you under estimated the popularity of the game especially after the disaster called Champions Online, but this is STar Trek We are Talking about!!!!
    This is not some Comic Game clone of City of Heroes this is a brand new genre ala StarWars, come on WTF!!!!

It was ok DURING THE BETA BUT THIS IS LIVE AND HAS BEEN LIVE FOR ALMOST A WEEK SO WE ARE NOW PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!!

Everyone who has this issue please file a bug report. Let THEM FEEL THE PAIN.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wel I can only hope that after waiting in queue for 1000+ positions for over an hour that when I do actually get connected I am able to play a game without all the lag that I was having last evening and earlier today. With my luck I'll get in and promptly get "Servers are coming down in 10 minutes".
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    faithborn wrote:

And according to what I have been reading Aion wont last another 3 mos so what does that tell you about STO?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I understand the server problems, but this queue is ridiculous. I guess the only recourse here is to voice my opinion by getting my money back, which is regretful. The game is pretty cool, but it will definitely be the kast Cryptic title I flush money at. This is supposed to be fun. not frustrating.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i disconnected zoning and now im in queue at 670/1080 and ive been waitying 30min to get this far.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nazferiti wrote:
    Wel I can only hope that after waiting in queue for 1000+ positions for over an hour that when I do actually get connected I am able to play a game without all the lag that I was having last evening and earlier today. With my luck I'll get in and promptly get "Servers are coming down in 10 minutes".

Good luck! Within 10 minutes of finally getting in after waiting 40 minutes, I got booted again and now I'm in a queue twice as long as the first one I was in! lmao
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    NCC.1701 wrote: »
    Good luck! Within 10 minutes of finally getting in after waiting 40 minutes, I got booted again and now I'm in a queue twice as long as the first one I was in! lmao

This isn't actually a game at all, it's an elaborate social experiment.
This discussion has been closed.