Options

WTF kind of answer is that???

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    optyk wrote: »
    Have you tried renaming your character to something else first? Then try renaming the BOff you want to change. It sounds like they are linked somehow because of the whole costume change issue your having as well.

Can not change my character name...its greyed out and no option for buying new name or the likes in store...

And yes, agree, they most certainly seem to be linked
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DoctorX wrote: »
    Screenshot or it didn't happen. Should be easy enough to get one.

Are you bugging for a promotion over at Cryptic???

Please be kind and go troll somewhere else.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok, I have to say having spent time as a voluntary CSR for another game I have to say that is the worst CS response I have ever heard. Totally unacceptable to send a person to other users for help. If a person posts on a Forum for help, then CS isn't expected to answer as there are other people there who can help. However, if you put in a ticket to the game CS department, they are expected to answer. Even if it is something like "The information you are looking for is in the Manual.

I'd give STO CS a big fat F for that response, and might even consider sending an email to the CS manager with the name of the CSR who was that unhelpful.

And they are "too busy" is never an excuse. If you are going to take the time to respond, take the time to respond correctly.

Note, this is very different from asking how to complete a mission, as that IS not the job of the CSR. But this is a question about Game engine/UI. That is very much what they are there for.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    siriusds89 wrote: »
    I've found that when you get a new BOff you need to use rename before costume change otherwise if you change the costume first it won't let you have the free rename afterwards and you need merits.

This has not been my experience. While changing the name first makes it easier as the dialog box to change costume is still there. I have done it both ways, and have gotten a free rename in each case.
This discussion has been closed.