test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pre-Ordered and Bought from Walmart, No Skill Points!!!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
So after 15 attempts across 15 days i finally got to miraculously buy a walmart copy of the game since their online site ordered sucked

I input the key... it goes through fine but...

No skill points...

I did this on both my accounts, none of my chars have extra skill points..

What gives? anyone else have this issue? anyone have any idea what to do now?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I believe that was a pre order bonus and it sounds like you bought it after the fact.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If it was a preorder bonus....

Why does my box say clearly on the top left corner:

500 Skill Points
    Boosted Captain Stats
    Abilities, Knowledge, & Attributes

That and...

If you look at the STO site Main Page theres a 200x200 pixel ad saying

Here come buy 500 skillpoints from walmart!

as for it being preorder i doubt it, i just added a box that looks EXACTLY the same from amazon, and i got my borg just fine... im betting is more of a cryptic problem...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I didn't get my 500 points either, I have a ticket in.

I wonder if you have to create a new captain to get the points.. going to try that and see.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nope, that didn't do it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    looks like hes correct about the offer
    which begs the question why is walmart -destroyer of downtown- being given special retailer status that allows them to offer bonuses post launch?

best way to lose my respect cryptic is for you to make deals with walmart or cave into their economically destructive demands

wheres the level playing field guys?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My question is why was the Walmart offer called a preorder bonus at all?

That was decpetive if the offer is for anyone that buys the game at any time.

Well, that and I want an explanation, in English, as to what exactly these extra points are. Are they just giving us 500 of a maximum number of available skill points (which means that they are really giving us nothing) or are they truly bonus skill points that just means that we can earn 500 skill points above the cap?

And if the former, why don't I have them?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bought from walmart as well, weeks ago. Put in my code and nada. NO skill points in my inventory or in the c-store in the special unlocks. They say to put a ticket in but it won't let me.

Very disappointing
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The boxes you buy at wal mart even if you buy them a year from now, assumeing they are from the original shipment, are in fact preorder boxes. Wal-mart baught a ton of them and before release....so they are preorder.

On another note mine is from EB Games / Gamestop I got my ship reward but no c store cash
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have a ticket in as well, I have the e-mail recepit to prove that I preordered from walmart. When I inputted the code, nothing. I hope to get a response sometime soon. Otherwise I'm probably going to Wal-mart again and bring up the issue with them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mithros wrote:
    My question is why was the Walmart offer called a preorder bonus at all?

That was decpetive if the offer is for anyone that buys the game at any time.

Well, that and I want an explanation, in English, as to what exactly these extra points are. Are they just giving us 500 of a maximum number of available skill points (which means that they are really giving us nothing) or are they truly bonus skill points that just means that we can earn 500 skill points above the cap?

And if the former, why don't I have them?
    It's just 500 skill points on top of the starter points, so your be basically a lieutenant 2 when everyone else will be a lieutenant 1 at the end of the tut. If it was 500 points over cap, you could be sure there'd be riots, because thats game breaking.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I bought my CE box from EB Games in Canada post launch, it had the pre-order bonus Connie as well. It had the thing on the front that said it was included. Maybe they are from cancelled pre-orders? Or they are not pre-order items at all, just incentive to buy more that one version?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
This discussion has been closed.