test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Oops ! Red Alert ! Shields Failing !!!!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
This post is of no real importance other than to publicly share my epic failure, and Cryptic's quick response to it.

I recently joined a Fleet of military gamers (active and inactive). The website for this large organization is MILITARYGAMING. As a requirement for joining the Fleet, members are required to put "MG" after the name of their starship (Military Gaming). My total epic failure occurred when I mistakenly put "GM" after my ship name and SAVED it. As we all know, you get to rename your ship for free ONCE. When I tried to correct the error, STO wanted 3000 merits. There was no way in #$@! I had that much. I hoped to earn the 3000 and fix the problem.

That dream was shattered when Cryptic picked my ship up on their sensors, identified it, and prompty fired a Mark VIIIIIII quantum torpedo at my account. I received a warning in my Cryptic website email informing me that my ship had been renamed, and that it is a violation to impersonate Cryptic employees. Of course...most people see "GM"...and that registers as "Game Master". OOPS ! I knew that would happen. Couldn't fix it because of the freaking 3000 merit price tag.

Anyway, I get to rename my ship once more when I get home from work, according to Cryptic's email. I'm thinking of leaving off the letters entirely, to avoid any future misunderstandings....although I'd suffer the wrath of the Fleet most likely. Hope not. There's other fleets out there, but I'd hate to leave my current one. Great bunch of peeps.

HOORAY for my very first MMO infraction EVER !!!! :D
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Funny mishap there, great that STO took care of it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I noticed the large rename price tag for ships and think it could be brought down to maybe 1000? To change the NCC to NX after the first free one costs 1500. I understand merit makes players play but I think the costs need to be re-evaluated a little.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    valdan wrote:
    Yeah I noticed the large rename price tag for ships and think it could be brought down to maybe 1000? To change the NCC to NX after the first free one costs 1500. I understand merit makes players play but I think the costs need to be re-evaluated a little.

Agreed, not everyone had merit [or money] to just throw around at little things like this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    good job they took care of it.

Also, LOL at ships with letters after names.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    James009 wrote: »
    Agreed, not everyone had merit [or money] to just throw around at little things like this.

Maybe not in the very early levels, but once you get to Lt. Commander, the credits are pretty easy to come by.
This discussion has been closed.