test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reverse Polarity Stacking

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
(A cut and paste from the Klingon and PVP forum in case I posted in the wrong spot !)

Its out of control at tier 5, and needs to incour higher cooldowns. Being virtually invulnerable 80-90% of the match is out of balance.

Za'Rex
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    agreed. global cooldown for RSP required.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    All this whining is in large part due to a current bug with the skill.

I've seen a T3 Science Ship use it twice in a span of 20 seconds after getting killed and respawning. That's certainly not because he stacked the skill.

I've personally had the cooldown on RSP reset before the cooldown timer is up and I'm not sure why. I suspect that Subnucleonic Beam is resetting its cooldown if used on a player whose RSP is on cooldown but I really have no evidence to support that claim.

However, it's clear that something is causing it to reset and that's probably causing some of the pain in regards to this issue.

I'm sure its still a bit of a problem in higher tiers. Would that mean its safe to say in T4/T5 Cruisers absolutely dominate the PvP landscape because they're the only ship with the ability to stack RSP? (and BoPs)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oplaid wrote: »
    All this whining is in large part due to a current bug with the skill.

I've seen a T3 Science Ship use it twice in a span of 20 seconds after getting killed and respawning. That's certainly not because he stacked the skill.

I've personally had the cooldown on RSP reset before the cooldown timer is up and I'm not sure why. I suspect that Subnucleonic Beam is resetting its cooldown if used on a player whose RSP is on cooldown but I really have no evidence to support that claim.

However, it's clear that something is causing it to reset and that's probably causing some of the pain in regards to this issue.

I'm sure its still a bit of a problem in higher tiers. Would that mean its safe to say in T4/T5 Cruisers absolutely dominate the PvP landscape because they're the only ship with the ability to stack RSP? (and BoPs)

I've had the NPC version of Subnucleonic Beam reset my cooldowns. I haven't noticed it in pvp, but it's probably the same.