test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List the five most annoying things in STO.

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The one main thing I find annoying is not being able to enter the same DSE instance, when you have a team of five people. We are on the same team...why does it split us up? Kind of goes against the whole concept of "team" :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    1. Zone Chat being useless - more chat channels, preferably a trade channel, fleet adverts channel, rookie help channel
    2. People who clog up the chat with the same questions over and over no matter how many times you try to answer them
    3. Gold spammers
    4. This thread
    5. The person who started this thread

:p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    1. Gold sellers
    2. Fleet advertisers
    3. Power syphoons
    4. 4 minute recharge on batteries! I mean WTF 4 MINUTES?!!?!?
    5. Stupid enemy signal contacts keep running into me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Luepert wrote: »
    5. Stupid enemy signal contacts keep running into me.

That is becuase they are the enemy and they want to kill you.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    1) Stupid ship names. No, you're not funny, Captain Dicks McBonerdong of the U.S.S. Analrapist.

2) The sound beam or cannon weapons make when an enemy ducks behind an asteroid... tststststsewtsewtstststststsewtsewtsewtstststststststsstststststsew. ARGH.

3) BOffs getting stuck on simple obstacles like crates in a hallway and you not finding out until you jump into a battle only to have three out of four several rooms behind you, and you get to fight ten NPCs with a single BOff for backup.

4) BATTERIES. Why are these the ONLY loot I come across? EVER?

5) Getting sucked into a deep space encounter, then ambushed at the warp-in by twenty angry Klingons so I can't warp back out in order to get to my actual destination.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Holy Annoyance batman! 7 pages of annoyed people..

STO must be the most annoying game ever designed..

Some more:

1: Deep Space Encounter AFK'ers

2: Fleet Encounter AFK'ers

3: Door blockers

4: Tier4 exploders

5: People spam-telling higher tiered players for group invite.

See? There are also some annoying things in STO that the players themselves make
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    1. Go find four things in this circle. What I can fly at beyond the speed of light, scan God knows what at some amazing distances, but I can’t have electronic support to find four energy emitting objects within 200 yards?

2. Being told what to do by my subordinates with zero choice! Who’s the Captain?

3. Either do a walkabout or kill everything.

4. Memory Alpha- Grrr, make crafting crafting not hide and go seek and seek and seek and seek and then guess quite a bit.

5. My keys losing their function in PVP ground combat. Geeze, they work ok for the first 30 seconds to one minute and then they just go to bizzaro world, I can’t turn around, just run sideways, then I can’t run forward just run sideways but of course its in any direction except the one I want.

And actually, beyond those five above, I am good and really REALLY enjoy the game regardless!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ruivo wrote:
    Exploiting an Exposed enemy with a multi-target exploit, just to have four more become exposed after you shoot

Boffs who charge at enemy groups you're trying hardly to avoid, a la Leeroy Jenkins.

Auxiliary Batteries droping from boss mobs.

These three.
    Needle wrote: »
    Not being able to tell my BOFFs to holster their weapons.

This one.

And getting pulled into DSEs with no option to cancel or anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    1. Pistol wielding enemies closing to point blank range and firing directly at your face.

2 Not being able to target AoE's correctly because of previously mentioned enemies.

3. The skill cap

4.Cant decide between a gorn or a klingon. They are both so cool! :P

5. Did I mention the skill cap

And an honorary mention. There are two npc's RIGHT in front of you when you first beam onto the station that say where sulu is. Use your eyballs! Stop asking! ;P
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    1. lack of offline info to direct newcomers to so that they can break the "where is Sulu" urge

2. People complaining about others star trek names when they called themselves capt kirk picard. I'm looking at you kirk pichard you cheesy douche!

3. Server down time :(

4. Batteries, by the ears of spock man! the only reason they have such a prolific drop rate is because not even the enemies will use them.

5. IV level drops that don't suit your ship and could never have been mounted on the ship you just killed. What, did I get this klingon on his way to market with all the useless drops he couldn't use?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    1. Bust slider limit

2. Ground combat

3. the frequency of point and shoot diplomacy

4. Targ handlers

5. Sector space
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ship weapons autofire toggle only turning on one wep in front and one in back...you have to be kidding...all of similar type would have been smarter..say, um..i duno..beams? jeez
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    6,7,8,9 and 10 My hotbar loosing my skills eveytime I go into ground combat.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    not in order of priority or anything but...

1. Beaming in should always be with you and your officers with weapons away. Only by drawing it or by making your officers go into aggressive mode should they pull their iron.

2. Need more missons without blowing things up. I understand that there's a war on, but the Federation is basically causing the extermination of life wholesale in the quadrant.

3. Sector space needs to be visually tweaked. Or at least give us some options as to what is shown in sector space such as... removing the grid on the "floor" of the area. Remove the little white stands that the solar systems are standing on. Put in a visual effect of long streaming stars ahead and beside the ship so it actually looks like warp speed and not just full impulse.

4. Eliminate enemy contacts from pulling you into encounters so i can sit back and sip on my earl grey and enjoy the ride.

5. People who level up to Admiral in less than a week and complain about no end game less than a week after launch.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    1. the color hue threads on the forums

2. the crystalline entity being insanely broken

3. the amount of people on the boards who drank way too much hater-ade and constantly bash everything about the game without admitting its still les than a week old

4. bugs in the sharing program not letting facebook, livejournal, twitter updates from in game

5. forgetting to eat while playing STO
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    1: /powerhue QQ
    2: /powerhue QQ
    3: Chat...
    4: /powerhue QQ
    5: /powerhue QQ
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    1. Held!
    2. Held!
    3. Held!
    4. Held!
    5. Held!

In that order.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i like being held, it makes me feel wanted
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not being able to do battle via your bridge. I want the choice of sitting in my chair, watching the world rock back and forth and super explody consoles... or tactical view. :D

^^^^^
    #1 on my list too.
    #2 Having to set maxfps=30 to be able to play since first day of beta
    #3 Limited in-game help to figure out how to do simple functions like assigning a BO or changing from my MIranda to Constitution after claiming it from the C-Store.
    #4 Having to stop playing to go to bed to be rested for work the next day. LOL
    #5 People that say "Where's Sulu?"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Five more things that annoy me in game:

1. Batteries. Why do I need all these batteries? I don't use them!

2. Food. Why am I going through the pockets of dead Klingon's looking for my lunch?

3. Lack of space monsters. We need more space monsters. And not just the giant space crystal. I want like a Denebian Horror Squirrel that is like ten feet tall and shoots nuclear acorns at me.

4. I need a sword. A real sword.

5. I should be able to filter bad names out of my Star Trek. Have the names replaced by some generic stuff.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ravenstein wrote: »
    Five more things that annoy me in game:

1. Batteries. Why do I need all these batteries? I don't use them!

2. Food. Why am I going through the pockets of dead Klingon's looking for my lunch?

3. Lack of space monsters. We need more space monsters. And not just the giant space crystal. I want like a Denebian Horror Squirrel that is like ten feet tall and shoots nuclear acorns at me.

4. I need a sword. A real sword.

5. I should be able to filter bad names out of my Star Trek. Have the names replaced by some generic stuff.

Batteries are awesome. I use all but engine batts (although i always sell some as i'm overloaded lol). Food is for your Tribble, not for you silly. But I agree with the rest, especially 3 and 5 :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    new one for my list, all the daisy dairies running around. All of the silicon valleys are ridiculous worsened only by the completely screwed up shape. Even the default bust size is a fair shot above the norm. Are our avatar's animie or comic book characters???
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i thought the same thing but then i started to remember....*ahem*

1. Seven of Nine
    2. Deanna Troi
    3. Luxuana Troi /spelling
    5. Uhura
    4. T'Pol
    5. Any random Dabo table girl in Quark's bar
    6. Orion temptresses
    7. Most Klingon females
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Atwell wrote:

Dude, you were staring at her TRIBBLE?

What is wrong with you MAN?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Atwell wrote:

1. Seven of Nine
    2. Deanna Troi
    5. Uhura
    4. T'Pol
    5. Any random Dabo table girl in Quark's bar
    6. Orion temptresses
    7. Most Klingon females

None of those cups can hold a candle to the default STO size. While deanna was endowed her's did not point outward at a 45 degree angle from her shoulders. As for #7 well...Klingon DNA wasn't the only part of them that some had augmented. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lists of annoying things?

1. lack of explanation of what things affect what

2. Brussel sprouts

3. People who act like they know everything, continually annoying those of us that do.

4. Jonas brothers anything

5. Brussel sprouts in case I forgot to mention them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    People who sing songs in all caps in Zone Chat
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    icefire227 wrote: »
    People who sing songs in all caps in Zone Chat

That could be considered an act of war through spam. must add that to my list as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Capulet wrote: »
    That could be considered an act of war through spam. must add that to my list as well.

You do know that I was being ironic right? I got muted for 24 hours last night because of that.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The most annoying thing for me is when I am booted out of the game without warning.