test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Senor Scan - Starship Operation

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in The Academy
What excatally does it improve? .. scan speed?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LAMNSK wrote: »
    What excatally does it improve? .. scan speed?

I suspect that it is a bonus to "Sensors" (Vs. Deflectors and Emitters) Sensors affect certain skills like Jam Sensors.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you are talking about the Science Officer ability - it detects cloak ships if your skill and aux power are higher than the cloaked ships power and range bonus. It also adds a debuff to enemy ships ability to resist damage you deal them for a while.

The BO's get a power called something similiar - that I have not used yet, but I am guessing it is some kind of damage buff.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you are talking about the Science Officer ability - it detects cloak ships if your skill and aux power are higher than the cloaked ships power and range bonus. It also adds a debuff to enemy ships ability to resist damage you deal them for a while.

The BO's get a power called something similiar - that I have not used yet, but I am guessing it is some kind of damage buff.

Oh yea. I was thinking they were talking about a console bonus.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lol, that's okay - sometimes with all the questions being asked on here I can forget which one I am answering or not understand it either. I see a lot of your posts and know you're just trying to help too!

Mostly I'm avoiding all the work on my desk.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DocSavag wrote: »
    Oh yea. I was thinking they were talking about a console bonus.

Lol, that's okay - sometimes with all the questions being asked on here I can forget which one I am answering or not understand it either. I see a lot of your posts and know you're just trying to help too!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I think you are remembering either "Jam Sensors" and "Scramble Sensors" in terms of Bridge Officer powers.
    The Science Captain power of "Sensor Scan" is the lvl 8 Science ability that detects clocked ships AND applies a resistance debuff to your target. You can use it even if a ship isn't cloaked and still get the debuff portion and like the person said above, the more the Aux the better it works.

I think the OP is asking about the Skill tree meaning the Skill "Starship Sensors" in the "Starship Operations Training" field. If so, adding points to this increases the effectiveness of two Devices "System Sensor Array" and "System Sensor Probes" which combined have an effect on 6 specific powers. If you then decided to add more bonuses on any of those 6 which i list below, you can find devices which boost that specific device to get more points on the power. The powers that fall under those two categories are:

System Sensor Array
    • Mask Energy Signature
    • Jam Sensors
    • Charged Particle Burst

System Sensor Probes
    • Scramble Sensors
    • Viral Matrix

The lvl 8 Science power of Sensor Scan also gets improved. I'm not certain but i believe it falls under the Sensor Array device, but again I HAVE NOT CONFIRMED THIS.