test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What does +10 Astrometrics affect?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in The Academy
There are a few buffs that aren't completely explained - what does astrometrics affect? Perhaps I just don't have an ability that lists it - are there abilities that say affected by astrometrics?

I'm really looking for a console that affects Emitters but there don't seem to be any so I'm wondering if it is perhaps worded more obscurely.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you right-click on the console and select info, it should list examples of the abilities that use that stat.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It helps you see system anomalies from further away in Exploration sectors (e.g. Khazan cluster, Delta Voltanis cluster).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Man I can't wait for a robust wiki.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tatanka wrote: »
    If you right-click on the console and select info, it should list examples of the abilities that use that stat.

THANK YOU.

No really thank you I wish I knew that years ago
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It helps you see system anomalies from further away in Exploration sectors (e.g. Khazan cluster, Delta Voltanis cluster).

Unless you have proof please don't spread inaccurate information. Astrometrics effects certain skills as posted by others, and has nothing to do with seeing anomalies.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    sresk wrote: »
    Unless you have proof please don't spread inaccurate information. Astrometrics effects certain skills as posted by others, and has nothing to do with seeing anomalies.

I imagine the {+X Anomalies} items may affect either anomaly perception, or amount of anomalies gained per scan.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oddible wrote: »
    There are a few buffs that aren't completely explained - what does astrometrics affect? Perhaps I just don't have an ability that lists it - are there abilities that say affected by astrometrics?

I'm really looking for a console that affects Emitters but there don't seem to be any so I'm wondering if it is perhaps worded more obscurely.

You seem to have the right idea - that stat bonuses on items only affect skills that use them.

As for Emitters - have never seen a console that affects the Emitters stat - only deflector dishes. IIRC soem quest reward ones have bonuses to the Emitters stat, as do Gravimetric IIRC.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mister Id wrote:

Start contributing on www.sto-intel.org! :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have seen a post that AlwaysRemember(is that right?) put up here somewhere that is pretty good about listing what powers these different buffs increased. It is an odd 3-tiered structure. Just search for his thread, it is worth it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mister Id wrote:

Dude... your avatar...

can't stop staring