test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Breeding?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I was wondering, is there any skill, or knack or anything to tribble breeding, or is it entirely random?

Do we know at what intervals they breed? I had one triblle and lots of food, a few minutes later i had lots of tribbles and one food. Several hours after that I still had the 1 food left, it took ages for it to get eaten.

Does having more tribbles affect the breeding?

What buffs can tribbles give? I've seen damage, health and shields, are there any others?

Can anything be done with tribbles other than just discard what you dont want?

I'm a little Tribble obsessed, lets try and get a little discussion o ht enature of tribbles going =)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Tribble + Food in your inventory = Population explosion ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Grieyls wrote: »

*ahem* I got that bit...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I may conduct some experiments later on.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I remember seeing something from a dev (either here or in an interview) mentioning breeding isn't completely random, so I'm gonna be experimenting at some point to see if I can figure it out.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    See the link in my sig for results of my breeding experiments and any others I've seen reported.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm working on a guide for this as well. Unfortunately, Im running out of room in my bank and inventory. Too many Tribbles! Might auction them off or something. Anyways, I'll link the chart when I get it done.

Love your chart InfiLuck!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sweet I'm going to try breeding for the rare Golden Tribble, I hear they have the ablility to get you to a special area for the Ultima Torpedo upgrades.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Interesting.

A mini-game here
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is the way it works: a tribble with a specific fur pattern has a name. Right click the tribble and go to "Info" look at the species name.

There's a tribble called "Polygeminus grex jasperson" which is the one I've been using. It provides an hour long damage buff to ground combat.

To breed a Polygeminus grex jasperson, you take certain breeds and feed them certain foods. For instance, take a Polygeminus grex tuffli and feed it Vulcan Plomeek Soup. There are other ways to produce the jasperson, I've done it a few times, but I don't know which tribble ate what at the time that happened.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    levinis wrote: »
    Sweet I'm going to try breeding for the rare Golden Tribble, I hear they have the ablility to get you to a special area for the Ultima Torpedo upgrades.

Say what? STO urban legends?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Check out the link in my sig ^_^
  • Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So far I have This light blondish-white colored one, a light brown one, and a dark brown one. These have bred to make a white and brown striped one and a white and brown spotted one. The spotted one gives a buff to damage resistance, the others restore health outside of combat.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So far or dotson, or sparkes, seemed to like Haggis and Saurian brandy, as I suddenly had a susilo and a vitales.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wow.. all this time I never knew they had other uses. I've got one of each color that I've seen in the bank, but I've been tossing the rest. I'll have to see what I can come up with.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Grieyls wrote: »

Really? Is that true? I had not realized! :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm keeping a little chart of all the tribbles I've seen so far. I just got a new one
    Polygerminus Rex - Jasperson

I'm gonna try and breed some Nix tribbles here soon. Seems most of the foods I have will result in Nixes if fed to a Tuffli.. so we'll see.

For the record, even though the Jasperson and Nix are power buffs, of the ones I've seen, I still like the Susilo the best!
This discussion has been closed.