test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Treasure Trading Station bugged!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I've done the roadblocks portion of treasure trading station TWICE.
I'm not up for a third...so DEV's, can you get it sorted out so that it will complete?

Oh, and I've gotta say, loving the rubberbandman routine! ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I posted a thread on this earlier yesterday, though without the actual mission title (was in my Napoleonic Europe class and forgot it). When I completed it the first time and am beamed out to Sector space I see on the system list to "Continue Roadblock". I click it and it starts me in the instance again (after you do the song and dance part with the Ferengi), so I battle through it again, save Marta again and beam out and it completes.

Had to do this in beta as well. Both times it took 2 times to work.
    edited February 2010
    worked in a single go for me.
    edited February 2010
    And for me as well, what part are you getting bugged in exactlly? Is it happening this way every time?

AK
    edited February 2010
    And for me as well, what part are you getting bugged in exactlly? Is it happening this way every time?

AK

Yes, every time I destroy the Klingon, which is an act of anguish all its own due to my ship only being able to return fire 10% of the time, the rest of the time, I am just a bullseye. So I get to enjoy a bug within a bug.
    edited February 2010
    Actually got through this one with no problems (aside from 2 server crashes, but both times it dropped me back in at my last respawn point, so that part was OK). Thought the trek (!) through the bar to the hanger bay was a bit tedious, though.
    edited February 2010
    I had the exact same bug as the OP last night just before the maintenance , warped out after completion

and the sent back to the respawn on the station

Bad words came out of my mouth when i realised i had to slog through all those klingons again :mad:

Actually not looking forward to that tonight , but as I just checked I cant play tonight because theres another

prime time maint sigh oh well good thing I love trek so much

llap
    edited February 2010
    edited February 2010
    Same exact experience here, right down to the 'wrecked the entire experience' part.
    edited February 2010

And me. Did it earlier today before I went to work. Fun quest. But bugged? Not really.
    edited February 2010
    vatan wrote: »
    I had the exact same bug as the OP last night just before the maintenance , warped out after completion

and the sent back to the respawn on the station

Bad words came out of my mouth when i realised i had to slog through all those klingons again :mad:

Actually not looking forward to that tonight , but as I just checked I cant play tonight because theres another

prime time maint sigh oh well good thing I love trek so much

llap

Always turn the mission in as soon as it is completed, only warp out if you cant turn the mission in yet. For whatever reason mission sometimes reset when you warp out, even if they had been completed before.
    edited February 2010
    DiedelH wrote:
    Always turn the mission in as soon as it is completed, only warp out if you cant turn the mission in yet. For whatever reason mission sometimes reset when you warp out, even if they had been completed before.

Wow, an actual helpful comment, instead of the typical, "It worked for me fine, what's your problem?"

Thank you D.
    edited February 2010
    dont worry i did it twice 2
    edited February 2010
    I just finished it now and got the same behavior (completed all the way through, warped out, button shows up stating "Continue Roadblocks"). I guess I'll run through it again and try to turn it in before warping out....:confused:
    edited February 2010
    I turned it in right after completion, no problem
    edited February 2010
    Finished it for the second time now and was able to turn it in successfully BEFORE warping out. Thanks for the heads up DiedelH.
    edited February 2010
    Still bugged, but with me its with the scanning of any unsafe objects. I only have 2 out of 5, ran around everywhere but cannot see anything else that is flashing.
    edited February 2010
    this is bugged for me last night when i went to do it i got to the last part and was beaming out and what do you know i beamed back to where i was but there was no characters like i was in 3rd person like it was in a loop so i go to log out and see if that works, well i log back on today and now i have to redo the mission which im not planning on doing if its gonna glitch again
    edited February 2010
    Bugged for me too, way early in it though. When scanning for "safety violations" Only 2 of the 5 things actually add to the counter. Did it twice with the same result.
    edited February 2010
    I have the exact same bug as kalnaren, i can scan 5 items in the bar but only 2 will register for the quest. the others scan and nothing happens. stuck 2/5 on safety violations portion.
    edited February 2010
    Roark_HH wrote:
    I have the exact same bug as kalnaren, i can scan 5 items in the bar but only 2 will register for the quest. the others scan and nothing happens. stuck 2/5 on safety violations portion.

From what I understand, not all items are safety violations. So, you scan whats available, get one, and new scannable objects appear.
    edited February 2010
    Fluffdaddy wrote: »
    From what I understand, not all items are safety violations. So, you scan whats available, get one, and new scannable objects appear.

This I figured out as I was going along. You have to scan everything that's flashing and new things will start flashing.

But, I did run into that bug posted by the OP. Once I completed and scanned any other anomalies, I clicked on Beam to Ship. [I wish this would actually Beam to the Ship instead of WARP out of System by default!] I would much prefer to decide when I want to beam out of the system so that I can finish scanning anomalies if I so desire to do so.

But, since I warped out of the system, I got that "Continue ... Revenge" message and, when clicking on it, was right back and facing the freighters that needed to be scanned for contraband.

That's when I logged out and began checking here for bug reports.

EDIT: This may be a spoiler, I'm not sure. But, I did find out why I hadn't completed the mission and was warped back into the system. The Klingon Captain has beamed out with the hostage and I had to defeat him in space combat in order to free her and complete the mission.
    edited February 2010
    I did complete this in one go .. though I remember I had to go back into the system to finish the mission after saving Marta. I can't remember if it's because I was disconnected right there, or if it sent me to sector space in error.

Fun mission, though. A bit harrowing when my away team aggro'd the entire hanger full of klingons. ;)
    edited February 2010
    Grrr...I'm stuck as well. All violations scanned and only 2/5 registered. No doors open, no way to get to hanger, nothing respawning.

This is the 3rd mission tonight I ran, in a row no less, that is bugged and I cannot complete. After a hard days work I just wanted to level to Lt. Commander.

This is so frustrating. I can't see paying for this game if every quest is bugged to where I can't level.
    edited February 2010
    Junkin wrote:
    Grrr...I'm stuck as well. All violations scanned and only 2/5 registered. No doors open, no way to get to hanger, nothing respawning.

This is the 3rd mission tonight I ran, in a row no less, that is bugged and I cannot complete. After a hard days work I just wanted to level to Lt. Commander.

This is so frustrating. I can't see paying for this game if every quest is bugged to where I can't level.

It is not bugged. I believe my answer above is pretty accurate. As you continue to scan items, more unlock each time you find a violation. So keep running around the bar and look for new glowing things.
    edited February 2010
    Roark_HH wrote:

Same here for me. I have tried just aborting the mission at that point and it will try and let you continue. I continued three times by going back to the bar and was unable to scan all the objects. There's also enemy signs on the player's radar that doesn't seem to (at this point) have any way of getting to it.
    edited February 2010
    Hey All, I ran across the same bug. while on the ground in the station, I logged out and back in. Ran over to Qaris and got the dialogue with him again, and then he decided to follow me, and things started flashing and am currently working on the rest of the mission.
    edited February 2010
    I encountered the same bug as the OP. Completed the mission, but it didn't register as complete and sent me back to the 'roadblocks' section.

Whom shall I send the bill to for my wasted time?
    edited March 2010
    I got stuck tried mutiple times no luck no way to open door!
    edited March 2010
    BUMP! Still bugged somebody please help ;(
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As old as this thread is, one would think the bug would have been fixed by now......
    Alas, tis not so, I have now "completed" it 6 times, even dropped it and started over, only to be stuck with "continue roadblock" every time I depart the system.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png