test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how away missions feel right now..

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
So I am doing the exploration part of the game and looking for probe fragments.. aliens on the planet.. we fight.. Why is it that all 6 of them are concentrating on the player... gets old
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Because you do more damage than your entire team.

Away missions are the weakest part of this game anyways. It boggles my mind how Cryptic who has some of the most fun ground combat in any MMO with Champions could design such a flaming TRIBBLE as STO away missions.

Nothing except expose/exploit does any damage, so it's not even really a fight, it's just you throwing as many exposes as you can at the enemy hoping that they stick.

A game where a fight is nothing but waiting for a 10% instant death proc to go off is just lame. I want to play some battles, not instant death lottery.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ...you obviously haven't played with the melee aspect. . .
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Doesn't change anything. Any normal attack is like 50-80 damage, an expose/exploit is somewhere in the order of 500-800 damage.

Back in Beta when you'd get stuck in an away mission without your team I would simply solo them. Encountered a group of klingons with two targ handlers and a swordmaster, fought them four times. Died the first three times almost instantly. Then the fourth time I ran in, got lucky on an AoE expose, all three got hit, I used a split beam rifle and vaporized all three of them in a single shot.

That's kind of telling how much combat is luck in this game, if you can destroy a far superior enemy squad in a single hit because you got a lucky 1 in 1000 tripple exploit.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rothnang wrote:
    Because you do more damage than your entire team.

Away missions are the weakest part of this game anyways. It boggles my mind how Cryptic who has some of the most fun ground combat in any MMO with Champions could design such a flaming TRIBBLE as STO away missions.

Nothing except expose/exploit does any damage, so it's not even really a fight, it's just you throwing as many exposes as you can at the enemy hoping that they stick.

A game where a fight is nothing but waiting for a 10% instant death proc to go off is just lame. I want to play some battles, not instant death lottery.
    ...you obviously haven't played with the melee aspect. . .
    Rothnang wrote:
    Doesn't change anything. Any normal attack is like 50-80 damage, an expose/exploit is somewhere in the order of 500-800 damage.

Back in Beta when you'd get stuck in an away mission without your team I would simply solo them. Encountered a group of klingons with two targ handlers and a swordmaster, fought them four times. Died the first three times almost instantly. Then the fourth time I ran in, got lucky on an AoE expose, all three got hit, I used a split beam rifle and vaporized all three of them in a single shot.

That's kind of telling how much combat is luck in this game, if you can destroy a far superior enemy squad in a single hit because you got a lucky 1 in 1000 tripple exploit.

yeah but gets kind of dull... being ganged up on and all. Wait till you have 3 swordsmen gang up on u lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ajac09 wrote: »
    yeah but gets kind of dull... being ganged up on and all. Wait till you have 3 swordsmen gang up on u lol

More importantly I think the swordsmen are a bit over-juiced in general. I find it more than a little irritating that they can run up to me and 1-shot me every time if they are at even levels with me, so any time I see one regardless what else is there they become primary and I run away until they start beating on my minions -- that they oddly are unable to 1-shot.

I find it peculiar. My BOffs they can't kill in one hit. Me they can. Something seems off there.