test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quest Rewards - Not being rewarded

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Much like the Bridge Officer debacle, more often than not, when selecting a quest reward, you get nothing. You click the item you want, click accept - get the skill points, get the boff points, and yet the item doesn't materialize in your inventory. Yes yes, the inventory has plenty of free slots. The CHAT message doesn't reflect you receiving the item.

Pretty annoying bug when you've missed out on those blue quest rewards ;)

Anyway: Reported in Game and now reporting here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I reported it under bugs. same issue.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've been denied 2 boffs, and also an item from a mission. It was only a suit of armour I didn't want so it doesn't matter that much, but yeah. I thought it might have been because my inventory was completely full at the time, I reported it as such in a bug report anyway...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    the ultimate klingon - i got ripped an a BLUE mark 3 personal shield
    Quest rewards not being given is something that should be a top priority

and yes i had tons of space in my inventory
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah ive been seeing this also.

It appears that its ship equipement rewards that are not appearing for me anyway.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So far I have only missed out on 2 BOffs from missions rewards. The mission was the same in both cases. New Officer.

The BOffs from the tutorial missions were given properly but it seems only the New Officer mission is stuffing up for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Same happened to me.. lost a shield I actually needed -_-
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Add me to this list as well. Did the mission Nightengale, reward was a blue Mk V Plasma Array...chose it, got the mission xp reward...no array. Inventory not even half full, and it's nowhere that I can find.

I've lost 3 other rewards, but they were meh, I could live with out them...bugged them of course. B ut this one breaks my heart, it's something I'd use for the rest of the rank, easily.

This, plus the failed BO rewards is killing me. I can't imagine how unhappy the real, paying customers will be on Tuesday when they start getting hit by this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wulfbur wrote:
    the ultimate klingon - i got ripped an a BLUE mark 3 personal shield
    Quest rewards not being given is something that should be a top priority

and yes i had tons of space in my inventory

Yea this quest didn't give the item reward. I doubt they will reward players with the item when it's fixed but a hotfix should be a priority.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I too have had quest rewards and BOs never arrive on ship.

Quality quest rewards and not due to lack of inventory space (Yes I have on occasion done this and lost items policed off the battlefield, but even then the game should que you that inventory is full to give you the option to delete something!)

Four out of five of my "green" quality BOs never appeared on my ship (Yes I know where the are supposed to arrive on the assignments tab)

This is a serious game hampering, upsetting, and frustrating issue with the game. I needs to be fixed. GMs need to know this and and I would hope that they would actually help repair the loss to the characters experiencing this loss until this bug is fixed.

:(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Didn't get my Science Officer. Very ticked. Will a GM award it if I report this or am I screwed?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Camoron wrote: »
    Didn't get my Science Officer. Very ticked. Will a GM award it if I report this or am I screwed?

No one knows, devs have yet to comment on any thread like this apart from "we know".
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    the ultimate klingon and other missions did not reward the item for myself also. i have opned bug reports on each mission that failed to reward. forum posts are good to let other players know but also make sure you bug report them too
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Catsmeat wrote:
    This is a serious game hampering, upsetting, and frustrating issue with the game. I needs to be fixed. GMs need to know this and and I would hope that they would actually help repair the loss to the characters experiencing this loss until this bug is fixed.

:(

They won't in my experience. I've filed GM tickets and bugs everytime this happens and been told tough luck, we won't give you your missing items even though we know it's broken. Very poor customer service position to take on this IMO.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'd also like to add that I've missed out on Quest rewards on two occasions.

Additionally the New Officer quests have never been successful for me. No, they are not in the Assignments tab, and no, my list of non-commissioned officers list is not full; its empty. I've tried going back to Starbase to accept the new officer in person but I've never successfully been rewarded a BO.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I missed 3 or 4 Officers (Uncommon+) as reward and a Body Armor Mk IV (Rare).

And I send a bug reports.

I hope they fixed it really fast.

Perhaps lost question rewards come back.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I posted a thread about this last night here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=95624 and actually got a reply from Stormshade. They're aware of the bug and are working to fix it.

In the last 2 days of headstart I have not received a total of 6 mission rewards - 2 being BO's and 4 being gear that I actually needed. I hope that while they have the servers down they put in a fix for this, because this is a bug that will definitely deter people from playing STO.