test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I need some help!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Ok, so I am a Lieutenant 5 and getting my BUTT kicked. I see other players come in and take on an entire Klingon fleet in a matter of minutes. As of right now, it takes me 5 minutes to even break down a Warbird's shields.

Obviously I am doing something wrong here. I have a Vulcan Science Officer, a Kilngon Tactical and a Human Engineer. Both have ship to ship abilities that I actively use. I have been applying their skill points.

I go back to base and try to upgrade and am for some reason collecting no credits to buy upgrades.

So my question is, how is it that other L5's can be so powerful and I am squishy beyond belief. I have been collecting battle rewards and equipping them but they seem to have NO effect.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Same here...I'm an L7 and have been on teams where I felt it was better if I just left the Sector. I have been searching and reading several post regarding tactics and weapons and it might have something to do with the use of the officer abilities (photon spread vs high yield) as an example and the use of the extra items you place in the ship toobar. I have found that I last longer when using the shield and aux boosts. Or like you mentioned upgrades, but like you I don't have enough credits for them. I know you asked for help and I have just re-hashed your response, but I'm at a loss and was relieved to see someone else was having the same challenge. If I learn anything will let you know.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chem wrote:
    Ok, so I am a Lieutenant 5 and getting my BUTT kicked. I see other players come in and take on an entire Klingon fleet in a matter of minutes. As of right now, it takes me 5 minutes to even break down a Warbird's shields.

Obviously I am doing something wrong here. I have a Vulcan Science Officer, a Kilngon Tactical and a Human Engineer. Both have ship to ship abilities that I actively use. I have been applying their skill points.

I go back to base and try to upgrade and am for some reason collecting no credits to buy upgrades.

So my question is, how is it that other L5's can be so powerful and I am squishy beyond belief. I have been collecting battle rewards and equipping them but they seem to have NO effect.

I'm willing to help, Why don't you take me through a list of what equipment you have and what bridge officer powers you have as well as what you are.

Give me some more details and i'll try and help
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chem wrote:

I just checked the fraps of me taking 2 Romulan Warbirds in aprox 2:45. So 5 minutes is absurd for 1.

Checklist

• What is your power settings? keep your weapons at 50 or better.
    • Are all your guns firing and your using torps when they are up?
    • If your equiping mines, make sure to learn to kite the enemy through them, or fight within 3km.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah. Get us a list of equipment so we can help.

For now, make sure you actually have the mk II weapons equipped. Also, check your skills. You definitely want some points spent in the phasers and photon weapon skills.

Make sure you use the broadside of your ship to tear down shields and then turn in to fire a torpedo. I usually turn away after the torpedo fires so I can keep two phasers on the area of shield that went down.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Without knowing more info, will provide 4 general bits of advice:

1. Be in the Attack power mode setting. Balanced is bleh. Attack is what you want, for more beam damage.

2. The most effective tier 1 tactical power is Torpedo: High Yield I. If you are using torps, make sure your tactical officer has that power. If you don't use torps, I recommend Tactical Team.

3. The first skills you want to raise are the weapon ones. Energy and, if you use torps, projectiles. The sooner a mob is dead, the less damage you take. After that, Starship Warp Core Training and Starship Command.

4. Balance your shields. You'll typically take hits on one side at a time. Balancing it will boost that side, while, by reducing the shielding below max capacity on your other sides, allow shield regen to apply on all 4 facings.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    After my son goes to bed I will work on that list. As of right now I have a ton of MKII items but it won't let me equip them. There is no error indicated my level is too low, it just makes a buzzing noise like there is an error.

I have all my skills mazed at 9 and each BO at at least 4 or 5. My ship skills are at 8 for Phaser banks and 5 for torpedoes.

I will be back in a couple of hours with more details.

I appreciate the offers to help guys, this would be great.