test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Down again

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
Sorry this is getting beyond the joke down again and if it was like last time it will be down for a few hours and if i was paying for my monthly subscriptions then i have lost out and i wouldnt get that back come on guys sort it out i know you are doing your best....
:rolleyes:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The game has been active for only 2 official days so far. All games suffer pain at the start.

You think WoW wasn't down half the time when it first started? It was. Only then, even their forums didn't work.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I don't mind it going down but I wish they put up some kind of ETA, even arbitrary, so I didn't have to sit infront of the computer waiting for the server to come up ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Kthang wrote:
    I don't mind it going down but I wish they put up some kind of ETA, even arbitrary, so I didn't have to sit infront of the computer waiting for the server to come up ;)

Like I said, at least we have forums. When WoW crashed at the start, it killed their whole website too. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah its understandable but it is a bit annoying.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Somehow I guess from tomorrow until Friday it'll be more or less ok, since most people need to go to school or work. I, on the other hand, have the whole week off from work :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    as I said, Im not really that miffed aboutt his right now.....but if this happens this often after feb 2nd and my free month is not extended, cryptic can kiss my a$$ goodbye.:mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Carltronus wrote:
    The game has been active for only 2 official days so far. All games suffer pain at the start.

You think WoW wasn't down half the time when it first started? It was. Only then, even their forums didn't work.

Ah thats fine then, as long as a game 5 years ago had this problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Carltronus wrote:

True story. And then just when you think they fixed it, you were number 2,327 in the login que. And when you get to number 6, BAM! Server's down again.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sharabi wrote:
    Ah thats fine then, as long as a game 5 years ago had this problem.

New games still have these problems too. I've probably tried more MMORPG's than you've had hot dinners. They all suffer server instability at the start.

As said on another thread, if you don't like the downtime, don't play, and then the server will improve for those of us that remain.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    /sarcasm on

Only happens when all the Americans start playing

/sarcasm off
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ianicus wrote: »
    as I said, Im not really that miffed aboutt his right now.....but if this happens this often after feb 2nd and my free month is not extended, cryptic can kiss my a$$ goodbye.:mad:

Feel free to not play then, if this is giving you an ulcer. Welcome to the world of MMOs, especially at launch. That's your call.

But, without your subscription fee, Crytpic won't be able to buy the servers you're crying so hard about not having. Oh, Irony, how I love thee...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Or when all Europens are starting...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Almraptor wrote: »
    Or when all Europens are starting...

We've been playing all day already ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    At least it has happened again during my dinner time.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, while we are waiting, perhaps someone could help me with my question here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=93062 ? :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    While downime is the norm for all mmo servers i just hope this isnt the shape of things to come wih his one, two days of unxpected downtime for a new game doesnt bold well , it would also be nice if they gave updates we all know they can and at the start of a new game it would be good public relaions to keep your new customers upto date.

I would also guess its down due to the same problems as last night seeing as how i was getting very long load rates just like last night before it went down, now the question here is why if they went down for the samething was this not fixed during last nights 3hr downtime, will this happen again ......?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Seem like a log-in server issue, rather than a gameplay issue. Just a guess.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Carltronus wrote:
    New games still have these problems too. I've probably tried more MMORPG's than you've had hot dinners. They all suffer server instability at the start.

The number of MMOs you've played and the number of MMOs that have problems at launch are irrelevant to the fact that nobody likes downtime.
    The fact that nobody likes downtime is irrelevant to the fact that the server is down and that they're presumably working to bring it back up quickly.

It's bad for an MMO producer to have unexpected downtime and errors. But it happens, because there are too many variables to account for in PC gaming, even with lengthy and broad beta tests. So, yes, it sucks. Either deal with it or cancel your account. We don't need three full pages of threads complaining about it.