test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What does "efficient at low power levels" mean?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
I see this and the high power level version on things but dont really understand what it mean. Is it better for the ozone or something?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Efficient at Low Power levels (like combat impulse engines) work better if you keep your engine power near a minimum, while Efficient at High Power levels (like hyper impulse engines) work best if you keep your engine power high.

You fly slightly faster if you keep the power level at the necessary level, is all.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ^^What he said.

I used Combat mk II's, set at min power, I was going 12.5 impulse. I switched to (Regular) Impulse Mk III and slowed to 11 impulse, despite the fact that it says it has a higher flight speed. I didn't try it with engine power high.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Neuman wrote: »
    ^^What he said.

I used Combat mk II's, set at min power, I was going 12.5 impulse. I switched to (Regular) Impulse Mk III and slowed to 11 impulse, despite the fact that it says it has a higher flight speed. I didn't try it with engine power high.

Even if you have combat impulse engines, you will still go faster with higher engine power, though not as fast as if you had regular impulse engines, which would still be slower than hyper impulse engines.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OK Cool. Thanks much.