test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Requesting an official answer from Cryptic...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Let us say a player has a weapon equipped that has an expose function, and another weapon equipped that has an exploit function.

Using this, the player first uses their expose attack on a target to give it the exposed debuff, and then switches weapons to fire the exploit attack to deal heavy damage and possibly disintegrate the target.

My question is:

Is this considered an exploit of the game system or is this one of the ways that Cryptic intends players to be able to play?

Thank you for your time, Cryptic.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Let us say a player has a weapon equipped that has an expose function, and another weapon equipped that has an exploit function.

Using this, the player first uses their expose attack on a target to give it the exposed debuff, and then switches weapons to fire the exploit attack to deal heavy damage and possibly disintegrate the target.

My question is:

Is this considered an exploit of the game system or is this one of the ways that Cryptic intends players to be able to play?

Thank you for your time, Cryptic.

you realize that even exploit weapons have the ability to expose someone with the melee attack right? it happens alot in PvP because that melee attack can also hold.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Bumping, as an official answer would help people who are writing ground combat guides. They need to know if this is something that will be patched out or if it is an intended game mechanic.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think that is intended. In fact I think thats one reason we can carry 2 guns
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I like it :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think that is intended. In fact I think thats one reason we can carry 2 guns

There is a discussion here where at least one person insists, rather strongly, that this is actually an exploit. I would like a clarification from Cryptic itself, so that the record is straight once at for all.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    There is a discussion here where at least one person insists, rather strongly, that this is actually an exploit. I would like a clarification from Cryptic itself, so that the record is straight once at for all.

so someone used both weapons and killed this guy in game. yep, the loser complains, that's normal.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As the thread debating this has returned from the grave, so too does this thread.

Please, Cryptic, a straight answer on this topic would be appreciated.