test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifetime subscriptions

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
Anyone know how long they plan on offering the lifetime subscription? I'd like to get it, but I have to wait for my tax returns.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Until Feb 1. A day before the launch date.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The current deal is until Feb 1st. Supposedly, there will be lifetime subs again sometime after the official launch for more money, like $299, but i can't remember where I read it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Figures. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll still offer a lifetime subscription at a higher rate.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    They will. If you had gone and looked, you would have a) found the answer to your original question, and b) found out that after Feb 1st, they will be offering lifetime subs for $300 and with no bonuses.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    IMO, if you're going to buy... buy now. Right now, I wouldn't spend $299 on a lifetime subscription. If you end up not buying before the first, I'd advise you to hold on to your cash and see if they manage to resolve their server issue.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    According to the lifetime subscription page:

"This offer ends February 1st, 2010 11:59PM PST. "
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    jwarren1 wrote: »
    Figures. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll still offer a lifetime subscription at a higher rate.

From personal experience with dealing with lifetime subs trust me they WONT come around again. Its far better for the company to hold a steady income from monthly subs than having a lump sum.

The lump sum is merely a way to keep the servers populated and also give a bit of the development costs back quickly. After Feb 1st it will never be in circulation again.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    sparkeh86 wrote: »
    From personal experience with dealing with lifetime subs trust me they WONT come around again. Its far better for the company to hold a steady income from monthly subs than having a lump sum.

The lump sum is merely a way to keep the servers populated and also give a bit of the development costs back quickly. After Feb 1st it will never be in circulation again.

Their marketing person made a post a while back stating that lifetime subs will be $299 after Feb 1st. You will not receive extra slots or the Liberated Borg, however.

Keep in mind that there's no financial advantage to the current lifetime subscription versus the discounted year rate for 25 months. If this game should fail in 12 months, you won't be out $120 if you go with the discounted year.