What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Still Feeling like beta?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Ten Forward
This still feels like beta......

anyone else thinking so?

so far

23 noticeable bugs (mostly episode involved)

5 blue screen of deaths

4 times kicked off server

1 very long maintenance (with talk of rollbacks)

and still fundamental things that won't be fixed unless major issues are addressed
i.e. line of sight issues and unblockable weapons and broken thrusters
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Please keep in mind, the game hasn't officially launched yet and nobody's started paying subscriptions yet. I know they're cutting it a little close, but:
    1. They still have a few days.
    2. Cut down to 23 bugs is pretty good for a game of this scope.
    3. I (and many others, I'm sure) are going to play even if they don't get it all fixed up perfectly, because the game's still a lot of fun.
    edited January 2010
    AION had problems AT launch. Wow had problems at LK launch and subsequent huge content launches. It happens. Unforseen events occur through programming, server loads, etc. You can't possibly cover all the bases before any title launch or large patch.

Well, I suppose you could but you'd never have a game.
    edited January 2010
    if millions of dollars are being "invested" into this game, then doing things like this..... only causes people to skip over this game. i have 4 friends that won't play yet till it gets better, thats cash money last time i checked, and my friends play alot
    edited January 2010
    This is kind of expected for a game that wil about to be officially launched. Usually the first few months will be a tad buggy :) :rolleyes:
    edited January 2010
    Every MMO I've played at launch has had some problems. Give it a month and it'll be running smoothly.
    edited January 2010
    i have no problem waiting for a bit.... but time is money and patients is a valuable rare resource
    i want to see the endgame is like as far as pvp goes, pve content is good but pvp is where the fun is at for me
    edited January 2010
    It seriously is time for everyone to stop making excuses for Cryptic's very naive approach to server allocation. I have beta tested a number of MMO's and I have seen lots with errors like the ones being experienced here. However they were not 3 days away from launch.

The comments about the game has not gone live is rubbish. Headstart effectively means live. It is not an extension of beta it is live and how you should expect it to be on release date.

The constant downtime is nothing short than selling your customers short.

Selling pre-orders claiming your will get a headstart when

A) The server is hardly playable.

B) Server crashes/maintenance with little notice to advise when they will be available. Just standard notice saying we know they are down check back later. This is poor by any standards/

I am looking forward to better things but tbh Cryptics approach to this MMO is very poor. Naive and unimpressive.

Wise up Cryptic
    edited January 2010
    4 BSOD?

Check your system.

This release is the same as the countless other mmo release's I have been in,the 1st month or so the server/servers always go down.
    edited January 2010
    Semtec wrote:
    It seriously is time for everyone to stop making excuses for Cryptic's very naive approach to server allocation. I have beta tested a number of MMO's and I have seen lots with errors like the ones being experienced here. However they were not 3 days away from launch.

The comments about the game has not gone live is rubbish. Headstart effectively means live. It is not an extension of beta it is live and how you should expect it to be on release date.

The constant downtime is nothing short than selling your customers short.

Selling pre-orders claiming your will get a headstart when

A) The server is hardly playable.

B) Server crashes/maintenance with little notice to advise when they will be available. Just standard notice saying we know they are down check back later. This is poor by any standards/

I am looking forward to better things but tbh Cryptics approach to this MMO is very poor. Naive and unimpressive.

Wise up Cryptic

Calling BS on you being at the launch of other mmo's if you think this is by any means bad.
    edited January 2010
    Not saying this is any worse just would be nice to see at least one be useful. Besides call BS if you like but I saw Matrix Online release and I can rest assured this is not as bad as that one lol.