test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs Read: Looking for responses to [these] major issues

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Since the server is down and the forums are getting cluttered with threads, I thought I'd make a thread of the common issues that we have yet to hear about. Some of these are more important than others, but it makes it easier for everyone if we can consolidate them. Here's a list of what I've seen so far that needs some sort of response from the devs. Nothing major, just a heads up as to what's going on with that issue. Feel free to post anything I missed. I'll update as often as I can.

Also, I know a lot of this won't be in game soon, but it has been talked about in interviews, posts, etc.

Memory Alpha
-How to access other scientists (the big one)
-Will there be craftable ships?
-Will there be craftable ship equipment?
-Will there be rare data that can only be attained by killing certain things or going a certain place?
-Will they add merchants and a bank to the Memory Alpha area?

Ship Bridges
-Will they be customizable? (as in CoH)
-Will they act as a player "house"?
- Will there be quests inside your ship?

Fleets
-Will there be specific fleet uniforms that Fleet Leaders can customize?
-How will the Fleet Logos on our ships work? Will they be uploadable (like in POTBS)?

Missions / Fleet Actions
-Will there be separate instances added for groups? (groups of 10-20 wanting to do their own fleet action)
-How do you get to Gamma Orionis? (through the wormhole near DS9? It didn't work in OB)
-With the lack of group specific instances, what can we expect for endgame content?
-Will bosses such as the Crystalline entity and other such enemies ever be given random spawning points within a fixed array of spawn points to minimize the chances for players from camping these locations?
-Will there be raid type "Bosses" (ground and space) that do/take substantially more damage than most?

Exploration / Space
-Will we be able to name a planet that we find via the Genesis engine?
-Will more space be added in the future?
-Will there be Space Monsters added ever?

PvP

-Will Fleets ever be able to own a "space station" that can be defended / attacked?
-Will there be open space PvP? (as in territory where one can aggro another)
-Will we ever have additional spawn options or spawn points to Deep space encounters, Fleet actions or PVP zones that the player can choose from to prevent spawn camping.

Interface / UI
-Will we be able to open more than one chat window?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think its safe to say either no or not any time soon to all of them...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think they might be a bit busy right now to come and respond to these questions.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    YUP...thier bright shiny new Cadillac has a flat tire and a blown engine trying to leave the dealership on its maiden drive...there are for sure too busy to answer.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Add one more point;

- Will there be quest inside your ship?

That would be awsome and a real crowdpleaser to all trekkies out there :3
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Can you add:

PVP & PVE
    -Will we ever have additional spawn options or spawn points to Deep space encounters, Fleet actions or PVP zones that the player can choose from to prevent spawn camping.

PVE
    -Will bosses such as the Crystalline entity and other such enemies ever be given random spawning points within a fixed array of spawn points to minimize the chances for players from camping these locations?

Exploration / Space
    -Will we be able to explore strange new worlds with our friends? Right now the instances seem to split us up from our groups.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Maduece wrote:
    I think they might be a bit busy right now to come and respond to these questions.

You can't seriously think I was expecting a response now. I made this list to make their job easier, instead of having to sort and sort through all the crybaby / opinion threads to find what people want to know about. Also, it's a place where people can post ideas and other things they'd like info about.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Will you post cry-baby posts if most of these things are brought to us in 6 months as a paid expansion?

Just curious. :p
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    corbaer wrote:
    Will you post cry-baby posts if most of these things are brought to us in 6 months as a paid expansion?

Just curious. :p

lol no. but some things (mostly Memory Alpha) need immediate attention. Other things are just stuff people are curious about.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Baltec wrote:
    I think its safe to say either no or not any time soon to all of them...

Agreed going to be a long time before any of these are addressed. very long time..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh yeah one thing to add.

Will bosses actually do "boss" damage instead of just taking a lot..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Can you add:
    Servers able to stay up when under load and not needung hours of downtime when they crash?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Since the server is down and the forums are getting cluttered with threads, I thought I'd make a thread of the common issues that we have yet to hear about. Some of these are more important than others, but it makes it easier for everyone if we can consolidate them. Here's a list of what I've seen so far that needs some sort of response from the devs. Nothing major, just a heads up as to what's going on with that issue. Feel free to post anything I missed. I'll update as often as I can.

Also, I know a lot of this won't be in game soon, but it has been talked about in interviews, posts, etc.

Memory Alpha
    -How to access other scientists (the big one)
    -Will there be craftable ships?
    -Will there be craftable ship equipment?
    -Will there be rare data that can only be attained by killing certain things or going a certain place?
    -Will they add merchants and a bank to the Memory Alpha area?
    1. Buy stuff from romaine...how much...a LOT
    2. dont count on it.
    3. More like so far...you hand in white item and recive green or better quality.
    4. They mentioned something about rare nebula that you can explore at admirals rank (with rare anomalies i persume)
    5. There are 2 rooms empty One called Special ( I persume reserved for vendors for that special nebula) the other general ( if they put bank and merchants they will go here)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Shimiru wrote:
    Add one more point;

- Will there be quest inside your ship?

That would be awsome and a real crowdpleaser to all trekkies out there :3

Oh Snap! That's an AWESOME idea!!

Also add:

Interface / UI:
    -Will we be able to open more then one chat window?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for all the great ideas/topics to discuss. Keep 'em coming in.
This discussion has been closed.