test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargazer and Constellation Classes Confusing??

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hi all,

i am currently a little confused with two of the ship classes, they are the Stargazer class and the Constellation class. if i am correct i thought that the USS Stargazer was a Constellation Class cruiser. so it stumped me when i saw the class Stargazer, because surely if the Stargazer Class is based on captain Jean-luc Picards USS stargazer the two classes will look identical???

any comments? did anyone get to see the difference in these two in the beta?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I was wondering this too!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    A ship class is given its name from the name of the first ship in this class, so for example the the first galaxy class ship would have been called the galaxy.

the constellation class stargazer was obviously destroyed or decommisioned and the new named stargazer was the first in its line of the stargazer class
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The USS Stargazer was indeed a Constellation class ship in its day. The USS Enterprise was a Constitution class ship in its day. Someone said that some EU books or comics or something claimed that at a certain date all or some ship classes were renamed for either thier first or best example of the old class. The also told me that the old Constitution class was renamed the Enterprise class.

I myself am sticking with the old school, the Stargazer was a ship and the Constellation was a class of ship that included the Stargazer.

Writers should be forced to do research when writing about established things. Its thier fault the colors of uniforms were changed in TNG with red as command and gold as engineering.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    but in there is no Reference to what i know of in any star Trek series of a Stargazer Class? It seems made up my Cryptic? there is only one Reference to the USS Stargazer from the series, not a cruiser Class.

and if the Constellation class was renamed to the Stargazer class there would be no need for both classes in the game? so this cant be the case either. tho it is a plausible idea.

i do agree with Hatu tho, is this is just an error on cryptics part? it may show they haven't fully kept to the star trek universe and seem to have made changes? whether by accident or on purpose?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    there are a few of the ships in this game are made up, correct me if im wrong but arnt the cerberus and polaris player crated?
This discussion has been closed.