test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing the point

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Man what a ship load of suckyness this is.

Reading the forums the percentage of ticked off out weighs the shut-up and take it trolls.

But lets take a moment to think this through. We played the BETA for TWO weeks, Cryptic should have had some ideas of what the pre-order load what was going to be like. We all experienced numerous server outages and other odd issues.

At this point I do not see why there should be any excuses. Cryptic should have been prepared for this having the right people, equipment and plan in place.

Would it not be more beneficial to Cryptic to have it's customer base singing it's praises rather than condemning it?

I watched the interviews and the reviews and thought this should be a solid game.

I have been waiting since the first announcements and joined back in 2008, I bought the collectors version of the game, the life time membership, and a new PC to play it on. Disappointed in the current state of the game, HELL YA.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Punisher1 wrote: »
    But lets take a moment to think this through. We played the BETA for TWO weeks, Cryptic should have had some ideas of what the pre-order load what was going to be like. We all experienced numerous server outages and other odd issues.

At this point I do not see why there should be any excuses. Cryptic should have been prepared for this having the right people, equipment and plan in place.

Let's think this through a bit more. Two weeks is nowhere near enough time to find all the problems. It most probably wasn't the load that caused it (I experienced very little rubber-banding) and is more likely to be an unnoticed error in the code that a team is currently working to patch.
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Two weeks was obviously too short a time for beta, but my guess would be that Cryptic is contractually obligated to launch by a certain date.

As for customers singing a products praises, I would like to direct you to every single forum for every single MMO in the history of computers as an example of what they are like. To make it short, they are very much like this forum.

If you want the happiest experience possible with any MMO, you need to avoid the forums at all costs.
This discussion has been closed.