test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Joined Trill

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
How about making the Joined Trill available? I see no difference between the Borg or the Joined Trill to be played during head start. Why not? :mad:
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ricamortis wrote:
    How about making the Joined Trill available? I see no difference between the Borg or the Joined Trill to be played during head start. Why not? :mad:

Borg is a Cryptic bonus thing and could be done when Cryptic chose to.

Joined Trill is a vendor bonus that Cryptic agreed to hold off enabling until Retail Release day.

/thread
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ricamortis wrote:

Someone explained this to me yesterday.

Joined Trill is tied to retail purchase, which can happen at many locations and is only know by the retail key that is released on 2nd.

The borg is based on a subscription that is directly to Cryptic, so it would make sense that they could see those, but not be able to know if someone bought the actual client from one retailer or another without that retail key.

There were a few discussions on it yesterday, and it sort of boiled down to that answer. ( I did digital download for Trill also) It seems we get are features unlocked on Feb 2nd. Or that was the best answer from other threads, but still an assumption.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    But what is the point to a head start if they are not going to allow you to play the race you wanted
    now I will need to start a whole new char just to use the race
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am not even reading this the answer is NO. Wait till the official release.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Dont bother OP, the fanbois will attack you before they stop and think about the usefulness of bonus items for folks utilizing head start and the lack of them during this time.

Their defense for cryptic is fanatic and singleminded, they are right, you (we) are wrong, there is NO need for you to be using your captain or bonus items during headstart, at which point come the second of feb it will be a moot point and the bonus items will have little if no use whatsoever.

Well fankiddies, did i get it right? :D

But it was a productive day, in between my thread and this post i changed the turboshaft in two of my boat engines, guess i will go polish the boats (one at least) while i wait for the servers to come up. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.