test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ground autofire?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
In beta i managed to get autofire on ground to work but not now. I forgot what i did in beta to get it to work.
Since many options cross interfere with each other i am clueless now. Was it an ability we got with higher tier weapons by chance or did they take it out? I hate to click once per shot.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Right click your primary attack? Has always worked for me. I don't use it much, though, because it interferes with triggering other ground abilities.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ain't working, maybe because my 2nd mouse button is set to fire secondary attack. In space i have the same mouse controls but i can right-click to select autofire.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Raynre wrote: »
    They took ground autofire out in open beta. No explanation was given.

Ah. Well, so much for the one not using it giving advice on it. ;D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    They took ground autofire out in open beta. No explanation was given.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ah, too sad but thx i spent countless times in the options, lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I desperately want them to put it back in. I had to stop playing headstart yesterday because of pain in my hand from having to hit the same damn key over and over. Hand and wrist pain is a serious issue when using a keyboard, and they're promoting it...:mad:

Not to mention it makes combat frustrating and unfun, because you're constantly "oh TRIBBLE I got distracted and my character hasn't done a damn thing while I'm trying to micromanage my away team". It's just stupid.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Space auto fire I love. The game chanced when I discovered it. No kidding. The skies parted and a choir of Orion Slave Angels sang to my very soul.

Ground auto fire was 'meh at best. Sure it saved you some button mashing. But it made using your special abilities kind of hard since you only had 1/10 of second to select an action before you were locked out during the auto fire cool down. I find the ground combat without auto fire more interesting since it allows me to take advantage of tactical situations and speeds up combat.

I thought for a while there they fixed it where auto fire would stop and allow you to do a special attack but it shut off auto fire so you were hitting your button over and over anyway.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I believe it was taken out because of the bugs with using abilities. Think it will be put back in once it getgs fixed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ground autofire worked for me up to the last day of open beta.

Hate having to pound "1" to keep shooting, stupid.
This discussion has been closed.