test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Joined Trill Question

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I'd just like to make sure I got this right. You can create a Trill in the character creation, but so can everyone.

The "Joined Trill" is a seperate thing all together, and that can be joined with any character you create, and does not have to be a Trill character?

The reason I ask is... If this is correct and is something good to have with any of my characters, I may as well wait until launch date when I get my "Joined Trill" bonus, before I create any of my final characters?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Heh, euh no!

Trill is an actual race.

The Joined Trill is a Trill with a symbiont.

I don't recall seeing an option to redo character race, so looks like everyone is starting back to new on February 2nd.

But rumors is said they can have 5 traits.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    No, Joined Trills will be a seperate option on the character creator screen as a new race.

Instead of 4 attributes Trill have in game, Joined Trills will get 5 attributes.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The joined trill is a separate race and is not something you can upgrade your current char to once you have applied your retail code. Of all the pre order bonuses the Joined trill is undoubtedly the most useful, all others are out levelled after 20 hours or so with the exception of the Borg bridge officer, who was given a new lease of life with the announcement it would now be customisable.

If you start playing today you will have to start another joined trill once it becomes available on the 2nd.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So basically all those wanting to do the joined-trill will have to start new from launch day AGAIN :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Azurian wrote: »
    No, Joined Trills will be a seperate option on the character creator screen as a new race.

Instead of 4 attributes Trill have in game, Joined Trills will get 5 attributes.

Same boat as me. I am playing now basically for creds and gear for my joined Trill I will roll on the 2nd. heh
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    For me, it was intitally to unlock the Klingons and get started.

During Beta, I played a regular Trill Science Captain and I loved it! And knowing I will get one extra trait as a Joined Trill will make things all more interesting.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    vaako-trax wrote:
    So basically all those wanting to do the joined-trill will have to start new from launch day AGAIN :(

It's not that bad.

Think of it this way....

Everyone will want one soon as they realize how much more useful than are to the liberated borg. :)

Liberated borg may have a cool trait, but it's still only 4 traits.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    zonechaos wrote: »
    Same boat as me. I am playing now basically for creds and gear for my joined Trill I will roll on the 2nd. heh

Yeah same here, But unfortunately... Im not sure if you can send creds.. Just items, but Im most likely wrong.. I do know your gonna loose all your SF points and whatever the other one was.. just possibly energy creds only..
This discussion has been closed.