test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Instead of complaining...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
...do something productive like updating your video drivers or defrag your hard drive....maybe its not just their servers that are laggy.....take some responsibility people.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    One_of_Two wrote:
    ...do something productive like updating your video drivers or defrag your hard drive....maybe its not just their servers that are laggy.....take some responsibility people.

I take responsibility that's why I don't drink and drive :D
    People complaining though should seriously bugger off back to WoW
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's close to four hours now isn't it? I could have reloaded my system 4 times by now would that have been more productive?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OR...
    Do some pushups. Go burn some calories. Go start a charity organization. Mow your neighbors lawn for free. Go learn a new instrument. Invent something. Go be a productive member of society! Or just appreciate the fact that you even have the luxury of waiting for STO servers to come up! Some people in other parts of the world are struggling to feed their families, while you are sitting in your computer chair with your drink next to you and a roof over your head, waiting for the STO servers to come up. Just a thought.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Clean the house take a shower maybe make some BACON?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You guys are crazy if you expect me to do anything relatively like exorcise. Have to grease my TRIBBLE up just to get out the door. I'm not normally a forum troll but I'm bored and want to play STO :(.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    agentgrape wrote:
    It's close to four hours now isn't it? I could have reloaded my system 4 times by now would that have been more productive?

You do realise that's it's the weekend?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    One_of_Two wrote:

Of course ! My video drivers becomes obsolete and my hard drive is suddenly fragmented every time both the US and Europe players log in. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Soltark wrote: »
    You do realise that's it's the weekend?

How stupid of us ! Trying to play a game during the weekend ! Poor Cryptic, how could they imagine we would do that !
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OR...
    Do some pushups. Go burn some calories. Go start a charity organization. Mow your neighbors lawn for free. Go learn a new instrument. Invent something. Go be a productive member of society! Or just appreciate the fact that you even have the luxury of waiting for STO servers to come up! Some people in other parts of the world are struggling to feed their families, while you are sitting in your computer chair with your drink next to you and a roof over your head, waiting for the STO servers to come up. Just a thought.

And a poor thought at that. I *love* it when people use the excuse "well other people are much worse off and blah, blah, blah." Yea there are people and much worse than me and there are people much better off than me. And I dont care about any of them. All I can deal with is my life.

Btw I'm not saying one thing or another about STO, just that your sh*tty argument is sh*t.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh come on...
    I paid for this, they are not providing what I paid for. I have every right to be ****ed. You'd think a company that's launched 2 MMOs already would have this figured out. I haven't paid for any subscription yet and this going to influence my choice, as it will many others I would guess.

Pull it together Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Delazure wrote: »
    How stupid of us ! Trying to play a game during the weekend ! Poor Cryptic, how could they imagine we would do that !

Cause they should really have to work their arses off on the weekend. Smart TRIBBLE
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    And a poor thought at that. I *love* it when people use the excuse "well other people are much worse off and blah, blah, blah." Yea there are people and much worse than me and there are people much better off than me. And I dont care about any of them. All I can deal with is my life.

Btw I'm not saying one thing or another about STO, just that your sh*tty argument is sh*t.

My point was that people are selfish and only care about themselves. And it was only reiterated by your post. We know the servers are down, they are down for everyone. But it is not the end of the world. However, you are free to do what you want obviously, and if all you care about is your self than that is your choice. Call my argument ******, but aren't most of us Fans of Star Trek? One of the major themes of all of the Star Trek shows and movies was selflessness, not selfishness.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Folks, unexpected downtime and emergency server maintenance are going to be a regular occurance for at LEAST a full year. Its happened in just about every MMO that has ever been made. Hardware failures will occure, software issues will arrise. If your not prepaired to DEAL WITH IT, then its quite simple, dont even attempt to play this MMO or for that matter any new MMO that is coming out in the near future. They will all have the exact same problems. If you like your server stability, then go play WOW. Even they have their issues sometimes, thats why they have hundreds of servers to play on. Unfortunately the devs here thought it was a good idea to have just one server, so we have nothing else to turn to. But like I said before, if your not prepared to put up with server down times and emergency maintenance periods, then dont let the door hit on the butt on the way out.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I take responsibility that's why I don't drink and drive :D
    People complaining though should seriously bugger off back to WoW

yep noobs the train back to wow is leaving so make like a tree and leaf
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    When I have "downtime" I use Summer's Eve..to get rid of that not so fresh Feeling...:confused:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cause they should really have to work their arses off on the weekend. Smart TRIBBLE

Yes, yes they should. That is the life of the IT dept in a poorly designed Application Service Provider world. Someone failed in planning, design, or execution. This isn't a web site as a hobby. It is a real business, with real, paying customers. The outcome of release day, good or bad, can cause CNET articles or simply move the stock prices - which, said IT department should have a vested interest in. So yes, they should work their arses off. Dumb TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yes, yes they should. That is the life of the IT dept in a poorly designed Application Service Provider world. Someone failed in planning, design, or execution. This isn't a web site as a hobby. It is a real business, with real, paying customers. The outcome of release day, good or bad, can cause CNET articles or simply move the stock prices - which, said IT department should have a vested interest in. So yes, they should work their arses off. Dumb TRIBBLE.

And they are working their asses off, as they have been, yet people are still complaining. Semantics could be argued all day and night, but the fact is Cryptic has done nothing but work on this game for the past year or two, and everyone is jumping down their throat fro something that happens to EVERY mmo.
This discussion has been closed.