test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we get some more info on this...confusion.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I keep reading both in archives post and here about wasted points in Tier3 & Tier 4 due to the fact that when you get to tier 5 you are going to be using a specific ship type (i.e Rcons science or Deepspace science wessel for science officers)

As i see no ability to spend in game currency for some sort of respec to test out what style of play i want, i am in a pickle. i mean we are already locked into a class so why aren't we allowed to test out the different parts of the class.

in addition to that why are Tier 3 & Tiers 4 for the most part have no real impact on Tier 5, aren't we supposed building upon what we have already learned?

Can we get some kind of clarification on why T3&T4 are filler points and why there is no option for a respec...which every MMO has had for the past 5 years. (it just cost a reasonable amount of in game currency)

Please don't flame i am just trying to make the game better, and if you feel the need to support this thread please do so.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    They've said repeatedly there will be respecs, be patient.

And you don't have to spend any skills on T3 or T4 ships if you don't want to, just put your points elsewhere until Admiral if it bothers you.
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cynics wrote:
    I keep reading both in archives post and here about wasted points in Tier3 & Tier 4 due to the fact that when you get to tier 5 you are going to be using a specific ship type (i.e Rcons science or Deepspace science wessel for science officers)

As i see no ability to spend in game currency for some sort of respec to test out what style of play i want, i am in a pickle. i mean we are already locked into a class so why aren't we allowed to test out the different parts of the class.

in addition to that why are Tier 3 & Tiers 4 for the most part have no real impact on Tier 5, aren't we supposed building upon what we have already learned?

Can we get some kind of clarification on why T3&T4 are filler points and why there is no option for a respec...which every MMO has had for the past 5 years. (it just cost a reasonable amount of in game currency)

Please don't flame i am just trying to make the game better, and if you feel the need to support this thread please do so.

From what I understand the skill tree was not built to have a skill cap. The skill cap was only recently added.

There was alot of debate on forums prior to headstart regarding the actual impact the skill cap has had on the skill tree and to some degree general gameplay.

As far as can tell the tier ship specifc skills are probably not worth investing points into unless your a Tactical character and wish to unlock the ability to train someof the level III boff abilities but as it stands you may long term be better off investing the points elsewhere in the tree.

There was a thread asking for questions to do with skill points before the forum was archived and this point was raised numerous times.

As far as I know there have not been any questions answered yet so more info from devs may be comming.