test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Former Earth & Beyond players sound off!!!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Ten Forward
Any former players of the old "Earth and Beyond" MMORPG out there? Check in here.

Pete ... out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Any former players of the old "Earth and Beyond" MMORPG out there? Check in here.

Pete ... out.

Yep, right here. I love my crab!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Former E&B player here, that was a fun game for awhile, wish it had lasted longer though.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    E&B was the first MMO that I ever played.

Terran Trader FTW!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    /raises hand
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ex E&B Player here too. Too Bad EA had to go and TRIBBLE it up and it was repetitive as hell at time. That game was missing what STO has, being able to go down to planets.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    xorago wrote: »
    Ex E&B Player here too. Too Bad EA had to go and TRIBBLE it up and it was repetitive as hell at time. That game was missing what STO has, being able to go down to planets.

Not to point out the obvious, but you could go down to planets in EnB.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What is this Earth & Beyond you speak of? I know not of Capella, Smuggler's Run, Ardus, or the Fishbowl (Tad-O Gate) Raid. Nor do I know of the Progen, Jenquai, or Terrans.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Progen warrior here, though not very high level as the game shut down some months after i joined it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    EnB is alive! You should check out enb-emulator.com sometime. It's amazing what a group of dedicated fans can accomplish.

Oh, and I'm a former EnB player as well. I miss my founder's federation logo on my ship. Ah, the trusty "Master Bait and Tackle". The memories we had.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ex E&B player here. Played as a terran enforcer right up till around the time the vrix started to become hostile.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I played for a couple of weeks but never got into it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Former EnB, Galileo FTW!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yup, Former E&B here too. Terran merchant ;) It was long enough ago that the memories are starting to fade, lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I played and loved it and sent like a billion emails to ea to make it open sorce... but they are fail as always
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Silverspar wrote: »
    Not to point out the obvious, but you could go down to planets in EnB.

BS, Show me a screen shot. If this is indeed the case then it must of been added after I left.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was about to make this thread! Awesome!

My main was Ito, a Jenquai Defender on Orion. Ship name was "Mishima" - And I was in the clan called "Trinity"
    I also went to one of conventions, still have my nametag, an official mousepad (I use to this day), ballcap and t-shirt. :p

Funny thing - I've been playing STO while using the Earth and Beyond soundtrack. It works just as well!

Perhaps some of us old EnB players could form a fleet, huh?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    xorago wrote: »
    BS, Show me a screen shot. If this is indeed the case then it must of been added after I left.

Some of the planets you could dock at, or featured ship missions and hunting grounds. Of course never any ground missions for your avatar.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Progen Sentinel here! Name was Aryel, was the first to unlock that transfer skill points the sentinels had. Also remember going out to deneb to kill some lvl50 baddies and of course the fishies. Some of the graphics here remind me of EnB.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Loved that game! I remember beta testing that MMO. I always played Terran Journeyman/Trader. I used to make mad cash, transporting people from one system to another! And of course, finding those killer trading routes. hahaha!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Had one Jenquai and one Terran character. Can only imagine what that game would be like now if EA hadn't shut it down.

And btw, you could go down to some planets in your ship. Just not with your actual character. That was stations and ports only. Although I remember there being far more of the planets in the Terran side of things that the Progen and Jenquai. You may not have seen any if you only casually played and weren't Terran.