test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Read me: about quality and gameplay issues

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
first off lets go ahead and get this out of the way, the 8 types of complainers in the world;
http://www.wired.com/gadgets/miscellaneous/commentary/alttext/2006/11/72119

Now that said, in my past (5+ years) of MMO gaming there seem to be a number of unofficial laws of nature going around. these are:

1. That game coming around next month is going to be THE BLOCKBUSTER that EVERYONE will play with absolutely NO FLAWS at all. It will completely change the mmo format forever!
~ past examples include: Age of Conan, Aion, Fury, Warhammer online, hellgate london, the matrix online, lord of the rings online. see where I'm going with this?

2. Within one month of the game launch, the forums will be filled by people who have had they're hopes and dreams crushed when they realized that their beloved game changing MMO is no different from other MMOS.
~ past examples include: well just look at the forums :p

3. MMOs for the large part are unfinished and full of bugs when they are released. This GENERALLY gets fixed within a few months of launch.
~ past examples include: World of warcraft, Aion, Age of Conan (which never really got fixed)

4. Someone will threaten a class action lawsuit. No seriously, those things get tossed around like candy.

===
If you want to add to this list mention something valid and it will probably make it up here.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Did this thread seriously get pushed down to second row in 30 seconds from the QQ threads? (bump)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Poor Cryptic, just trying to make an honest game and people get so worked up! As if you are bound by some law from God to be given a perfect world and a flawless game.

Well, hold on tight and I am sure Cryptic will give you all a near perfect game. Just not without allot more Bug reports and some time to resolve them.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Personally I think this one could have a better chance than most simply because the brand name will keep people around longer and do more to bring in new folks than a generic one (Hellgate, Aion, etc.).Wow sucked badly on release in terms of bugs and servers...Eve...well, there is a reason the vets recommend having a month long skill in training for patch day. I love the game so far and don't plan on leaving anytime soon.
This discussion has been closed.