test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Space aggro?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
How is an Engineer supposed to get and control aggro in a multi-target space fight?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    TexKSAH wrote: »
    How is an Engineer supposed to get and control aggro in a multi-target space fight?

Get in front of the enemy ship and keep hitting it.

Then moon them.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Torpedo spread or Fire at will from you BO's will usually work if you're talking about a multi ship encounter. Other than that, it's probably just crossed fingers and lots of happy thoughts.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    That would make them a bit mad...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Shake your nacelles at them and go "Nyah, nyah, nyah-nyah, nyah" like the kids in Miri...

Though odds are I imagine you would simply fly in first to get their attention, and your buddies would focus on one enemy ship at a time.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm looking for some answers from someone that actually knows something. You children can go away please...

I'll try fire at will. Torp spread doesnt help. Going in first doesnt work either. Even with everyone assisting me and me going in first, as soon as others come in, they start pulling aggro from the non-main target.

I'm not sure what causes aggro yet or how to control it, but until it's figured out, Engineers can't be real effective.
This discussion has been closed.