test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why no roleplay Section on the forums?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I would of thought they would of added a role play section on the forums for STO.
I have a question regarding role play.

As a science officer,Would I wear blue or red as a captain?
If so at what point?When I turn captain?Or sooner?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    In many military establishments (assuming Starfleet is military, since there is some debate about that). there's a bit of discretion with regard to such uniform choices, and especially when you are the Captain and the guy in charge on the ship.

Three historical examples of such things...

German U-'Boat Commanders in WW2 wore the unofficial uniform of a white peaked cap, which was invariably the 'summer tropical cap' cover of the normal Kriegsmarine, but became an unofficial perk they adopted to identify themselves as an elite.

Royal Flying Corps Officers in WW1 often wore their old army unit tunics as opposed to the RFC one, and when the RFC became the RAF, many continued to wear the Khaki RFC army tunics rather than the official new blue RAF uniform.

Manfred Von Richthofen (aka the Red Baron) is believed to have chosen red for the colour of his aircraft because it was the colour of his old Uhlan (reconnaissance cavalry) unit prior to him joining the flieger korp.

In short - wear what you like.

Al
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Smuzzle wrote:
    I would of thought they would of added a role play section on the forums for STO.
    I have a question regarding role play.

As a science officer,Would I wear blue or red as a captain?
    If so at what point?When I turn captain?Or sooner?

Information and Discussion -> Ten Forward.
This discussion has been closed.