test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

anyone want 49.95 for free?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
because if you do, I might as well give it to you. I gave 49.95 to Cryptic and have nothing to show for it. I can not get past "trying to load launcher" The open beta worked fine. I was so hooked on the game too. Now I can not utilize the head start, and more than likely won't be able to access the game after launch. Losing 50 bucks is not too big of a deal, but losing a pretty decent game that others seem to be able to play blows. I would even accept a response from Cryptic saying they know it is an issue and to be patient. But the morons only can post run nettest. I had no issues prior, and now I can't play. Luckily I have not entered my "key" since it is only head start. Maybe before their game fails they can fix it, and I can play. I am dissapointed in the lack of response from their company considering there are 50 million posts about this issue on the teck support forums. I do not understand how you take a pretty solid beta for the most part, and hose it down right before release. Good thing for Cryptic i got this from direct2drive, so they charged me already. hahahaha i think It could be a conspiracy LOL. Maybe they should let Blizzard take over the game. They will get it right. I hope to play soon, come on Cryptic! Get it right.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I got mine from D2Drive and it works fine....

Uninstall and let the patcher bring you back up to date?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Can I have your stu- I mean, key then?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I would call this fraudulent behaviour, and believe me I know how you feel, I ordered the game today at the Atari shop, they took my money and never sent me a key.

Now their customer support is ignoring me.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If you used paragraphs people might actually read your post....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Maybe I'm not understanding you. But it sounds like you need to put in your PRE ORDER code for head start to work ...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You paid $50.00 for your pre-order? Wow mine only cost me $5.00.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Try support.

See if there is a number to call them.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Megabaron wrote:
    Yeah I would call this fraudulent behaviour, and believe me I know how you feel, I ordered the game today at the Atari shop, they took my money and never sent me a key.

Now their customer support is ignoring me.

Retail key or head start key? When I ordered from Atari they sent me an open beta key to my email in receipt. They will mail the retail key on the 2nd.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Warleader6 wrote: »
    Luckily I have not entered my "key" since it is only head start.

Yeah ... dude ... this is why it's not working.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You got ripped off if you already paid $50 just to get into head-start. I only paid $5 so I'm out no money. It was fun playing the beta. Seems now the Cryptic engine that did CO can't handle the player base.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    yes, you may have my key for 49.95 :)
    I am not bashing the game at all. I loved the ope beta. This game is awsome. However, I went from being able to play to not being able to play. and other than run nettest, there is no response saying that a fix is in the works, or that they even see it as a problem. Alot of people seem to have a problem with the launcher. Why cant the patch file be put up as a download or the launcher update as a download. I can play other online games fine, and played this one fine until after the end of open beta and begin of head start. someone post on her for me to remain patient and set up your signature as if you worked for Cryptic. Them I will pretend to believe you, and I will feel better.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah you lost 50 bucks... I bought it for 50 euros and i dont even like the game. Game isnt even half that good like they said it will be. And it really dont have that MMO touch to it. Its like single player only that other people are runing arround... I will play for 30 days and than abbandon the game. Than ask me for STO account i will give it away the only thing is you will have to pay your mothly fee =)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    because if you do, I might as well give it to you. I gave 49.95 to Cryptic and have nothing to show for it. I can not get past "trying to load launcher" The open beta worked fine. I was so hooked on the game too. Now I can not utilize the head start, and more than likely won't be able to access the game after launch. Losing 50 bucks is not too big of a deal, but losing a pretty decent game that others seem to be able to play blows. I would even accept a response from Cryptic saying they know it is an issue and to be patient. But the morons only can post run nettest. I had no issues prior, and now I can't play. Luckily I have not entered my "key" since it is only head start. Maybe before their game fails they can fix it, and I can play. I am dissapointed in the lack of response from their company considering there are 50 million posts about this issue on the teck support forums. I do not understand how you take a pretty solid beta for the most part, and hose it down right before release. Good thing for Cryptic i got this from direct2drive, so they charged me already. hahahaha i think It could be a conspiracy LOL. Maybe they should let Blizzard take over the game. They will get it right. I hope to play soon, come on Cryptic! Get it right.

That's odd as Blizzard had so much downtime at WoW's launch, they gave nearly a months worth of free game time.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    AntiEvil wrote:
    Retail key or head start key? When I ordered from Atari they sent me an open beta key to my email in receipt. They will mail the retail key on the 2nd.

I have not gotten any key whatsoever. :mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=1779822#post1779822

Looks like your the only moron here. Dev Tracker is your friend learn to use it. wishbone posted almost an hour before you.:eek:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    yes, you may have my key for 49.95 :)
    Warleader6 wrote:
    anyone want 49.95 for free? because if you do, I might as well give it to you.

Phoney! :mad:

But seriously, it's the nature of software in general to have problems. It's just more obvious in software-as-a-services as these programs are generally bigger and once one end breaks, the entire thing does. This is unlike say Adobe Photoshop or something that you can just restart if it crashes or something. Just let them keep the server down, debug what happened, and fix it.

Simple rule: If the software has no bugs, then it's either something so small that a college CS major could've done it as a side-project over 2 weeks, or the developers have sold their soul.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    knotoc wrote: »
    You paid $50.00 for your pre-order? Wow mine only cost me $5.00.

Yup same here Gamestop FTW! $5 up front the rest on launch day.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    nevermind. You guys are right. I should have stayed in the teck forums. but for entertainment, let me explain.
    I pre-ordered from direc2drive, and got an open beta key. The game worked fine the entire open beta. Now that the head start program started, the update launcher will not start. It just says trying to load launcher, attempt # 1,2,3,4,5,6, and so on.
    I wish I had paid 5 dollars for a pre-order, but direct2drive charges the entire price. I should have read the disclaimer. That was my fault.
    Other people are having the same issue, but Cryptic is not responding to much degree on the matter.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    starbuck,
    i dont have to use dev tracker. All you have to do is post a bash because of a known issue on the general forums and a fan boy will get upset and post a link for you :). However, the link you posted was about the server hanging and freezing at the character load screen. I, along with many others, can not get past loading the auto update launcher to download the patch. Right now, I would be thrilled to be stuck at the character loading screen. Thanks for your link though and I will take a White Moca please
This discussion has been closed.