test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Sky is NOT falling!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Guys and Gals. The servers have been down for almost an hour. In the first few minutes we had a laundry list of people claiming the world was coming to an end because the servers crashed.

Calm down, take a break, chill out. Whatever.

We do not need a Government Legislation.

We do not need new servers.

They are not stealing your unborn children.

They are not taking the food from your refrigerator. Unless it's sugar filled and crammed with caffeine because the techs are working non-stop, I can guarantee it.

It's a head start of the release. For those who have never been involved with an MMO during release this is very very common. The servers will crash. It happens.

The best thing you can do is probably just do something else for a bit and periodically check back to see if the servers are up. If you insist on not being able to remove yourself from your computer, then watch a flick while waiting. But like or not, you are waiting. Make the best of it.

And please above all else, relax. The server will be up shortly.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Maybe not, but that water falling from it is a might cold!
    edited January 2010
    Well TRIBBLE wipe it is falling. I PAID to have servers up
    edited January 2010
    I also do not need another margarita.

But I may need a nap!
    edited January 2010
    Guys and Gals. The servers have been down for almost an hour. In the first few minutes we had a laundry list of people claiming the world was coming to an end because the servers crashed.

Calm down, take a break, chill out. Whatever.

We do not need a Government Legislation.

We do not need new servers.

They are not stealing your unborn children.

They are not taking the food from your refrigerator. Unless it's sugar filled and crammed with caffeine because the techs are working non-stop, I can guarantee it.

It's a head start of the release. For those who have never been involved with an MMO during release this is very very common. The servers will crash. It happens.

The best thing you can do is probably just do something else for a bit and periodically check back to see if the servers are up. If you insist on not being able to remove yourself from your computer, then watch a flick while waiting. But like or not, you are waiting. Make the best of it.

And please above all else, relax. The server will be up shortly.

I support the OP.
    edited January 2010
    who are you kidding bro? government regulation would make the game even slower
    edited January 2010
    it is falling
    edited January 2010
    I remember all the wailing and crying that went on after WoW went live. All the talk of yoyo servers and how it would be remembered as the worst start for an mmo in history...how we laughed. Of course no-one remembers that any more.
    edited January 2010
    scroll33 wrote: »
    I remember all the wailing and crying that went on after WoW went live. All the talk of yoyo servers and how it would be remembered as the worst start for an mmo in history...how we laughed. Of course no-one remembers that any more.

Oh I remember that too well. Looting the same object for an hour. That was too much fun, really!
This discussion has been closed.