test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

lookie! an update:

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
"Currently, the Star Trek Online Server is down. We are aware of this issue and are currently working to bring the server back online as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on this page for updates, and notification when Star Trek Online is available again. Thank you, The Star Trek Online Team The Star Trek Online Team"

lol?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I wonder what the apologists who kept saying "It's okay that the server goes up and down randomly, it's still in beta" are thinking right now.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Welcome to technology. Unreliable and a pain in the butt.

End of the day, it's bound to happen, no need to worry.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Gozew wrote:
    Welcome to technology. Unreliable and a pain in the butt.

End of the day, it's bound to happen, no need to worry.

Definitely have to worry since we are now paying to play this game.... And yes I know its headstart, we paid to get here by preordering this is a part of buying the game...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Genosaurer wrote: »
    I wonder what the apologists who kept saying "It's okay that the server goes up and down randomly, it's still in beta" are thinking right now.

Simple... It's ok, because I just spent 8 hours playing and I need to rest my eyes for a little bit.

(Besides, it's just a headstart. :P )
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Missed that announcement entirely..... was too busy lol'ing at this thread that exploded with goodness. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm an apologist and for that, I'm sorry. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Well TECHNICALLY its kinda beta 2.0 but yeah, I doubt theres gonna be a miracle patch before the 2nd, unlike all those funny ppl that were asking where that was between OB and headstart start lol

Seriously though, this game is fonna get SHREDDED by reviewers if they dont fix it
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Definitely have to worry since we are now paying to play this game.... And yes I know its headstart, we paid to get here by preordering this is a part of buying the game...

Just gonna say this as nice as I can, it's an MMO and it is just now launching, this is normal for any MMO.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I wonder if people who expect a perfect product are really the same exact kinds of people who expect the game to be magically perfect when it switched from beta to release.

Both are highly unrealistic expectations, and will only lead to disappointment and disillusionment.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just gonna say this as nice as I can, it's an MMO and it is just now launching, this is normal for any MMO.

I'll have a go at saying it nice too...

Maybe normal for WOW all those years ago..but NOT for a 2010 game in Headstart.

Brainwashed much? :cool:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    skunkyuk wrote:

Brainwashed by the antiestablishment types much?
    The last three or four beta to live MMOs ive participated in had the same if not more issues than this one has.
    Sadly, creating a game, and releasing it flawed and crappy, then patching it up to where it SHOULD have been at launch is the industry standard. This is what you get from a imndustry that has a consumer base that will buy ANYTHING (at first) and NO checks and balances
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So it took them half an hour to correct the support page mistake, wonder if we can assume they're going to be relatively fast at correcting the game mistakes.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I wonder if people who expect a perfect product are really the same exact kinds of people who expect the game to be magically perfect when it switched from beta to release.

Both are highly unrealistic expectations, and will only lead to disappointment and disillusionment.

Absoloutely but then unrealistic assumptions appear to be the mainstay of any MMO consumerbase.

Don;t worry about it too much and just enjoy the unrealistic assumptions
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Me for one have this to say.... if you dont like games crashing dont pay mmorpg's for the first say 1-3 months of it beeing live...
    as for the WOW comment.. the last patch I had when playing wow not long ago had this exact same issue...
    so saying "so many years ago" when it was not to long ago and also dont forget...
    THEY BEEN OUT FOR YEARS and they still have this issue... so... uhm... LOL

Its a common issue with release of all things... updates, patches, new content.. simple..

its kinda like some things in rl...
    to many people can't ocupy the same room at the same time without something going wrong..
    to many people in a elevator and its bound to fall down and kill them all.. (to be alittle drastic lmao)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Why can't they just restart te darn box and let us play for a few more hours, then restart again after crash and let us play, crash - restart again and let us play. And IN THE MEANTIME try to figure out how to fix it permanently. Keeping players out of the game that they want to play and paid for is not going to help much.

If there is some kind of an issue on the server side that causes server crash due to too many players maybe you guys need to think about increasing capacity of the server some more? ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    skunkyuk wrote:

Really, this is nothing i've seen far worse, this is no console game, it's a PC game, this is normal.
This discussion has been closed.