Options

Loot drops sub-par?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    kriegerst wrote: »
    I've only gotten to LT 5 in head start, but loot so far seems lighter than it was for me in beta. I've taken to selling my batteries to buy gear for the crew and ship. I am perpetually broke.

At this rate The USS Toujours Pret will still be rolling with a lot of its starter gear by the time I get the LT 11 upgrade. :)

You probably won't be getting that LTCMDR upgraded ship anytime soon, because it costs a decent amount of energy credits, which you don't earn from just selling batteries and rations. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Balance of rarity seems ok to me.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The guild I am in went in to star base 24 it was the first thing I did as soon as I got my own ship. We stayed in there for around 2 hours by the time I came out I had upgraded everything except my engine had type mark 2 items and even some blue and green rewards when i broke top 5 in dps in the events.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    taallyn wrote: »
    I've noticed more consumables dropping than "equipment". It seems to be about a 10 to 1 ratio of consumables to equipment. I think the effect is worse in space since all of the consumables share that blasted 4 minute cooldown timer.

The food drops on the ground just do not make any sense to me in this game. They don't really do anything and there is no overriding need for them from the source material. It seems like they added the food items just because there are food items in other MMO games. A Star Trek game does not need food item drops. It is very jarring to have Klingons dropping haggis, or Romulans dropping Andorian cuisine.

The only thing I find strange about the food is that it all does exactly the same thing. :confused:

That seems kind of lazy.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have had some decent stuff here and there but I have to admit, I have never seen so many batteries in one day. It did take me longer to outfit my crew and ship with parts and some aren't even that great.

Ground loot has been more varied but still a lot of heath packs and shield recharges along with tons of food. Which I have not really found too much use for yet since you can't seem to use it in combat.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Isn't the first LC ship free?

And I'm at like 15k energy from just selling TRIBBLE and I just hit grade 9 Lt.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    taallyn wrote: »
    The food drops on the ground just do not make any sense to me in this game. They don't really do anything and there is no overriding need for them from the source material. It seems like they added the food items just because there are food items in other MMO games. A Star Trek game does not need food item drops. It is very jarring to have Klingons dropping haggis, or Romulans dropping Andorian cuisine.

Yes the food is really useless since you can only use it out of combat and you heal to full there almost instantly even without food.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    banana splits, engine and weapon batteries in space

hypos, shield boosts on ground

that is pretty much it
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hey Zepath,

Just wanted to drop on on a post of yours and say hello.

We never really met in the Landing, but you helped launch things for me there. I used to be called the Cackling cleric, I played a character named Morandas. I used to play space games with a gal who eventually started playing GS, before the move to aol, her name was Kali.

I am in STO now, drop me a line when you get the chane. I have a lifetime sub and plan on being around until the last server dies. I'd truly enjoy hearing from you.

-J Wyatt,
    AKA
    Lord Morandas Vinewise, the cackling cleric
    High Priest of Lorminstra
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was having the opposite reaction. I thought the drops were better since HS. During OB, I had batteries coming out of my plasma vents. Perhaps it is just luck of the draw.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Alexandrix wrote:
    Was curious if anyone else was having horrible loot drops?
    Yea I was wondering that too.... in the beta I had loads of money from loot at lvl 9 already... but now I´m still broke and my gear is not that good as before either.

In exchange I skilled my char pretty good now which makes up for the TRIBBLE gear :D

Not even tribbles where dropping anymore... before I had one on every BO, now I got not even one.

But regarding the gear... who needs good gear... the game is now so easy... you could fight naked and wouldnt drop below 80 % shields.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Loot drops do suck, I find myself wondering whats with all the BS im getting, and thats if i even get BS, alot of the time i get a big fat nothing.

Cryptic should really look into their pathetic loot tables. Now realize im not saying i want it raining greens and blues, but for the love of Q common items should be, well Common.
This discussion has been closed.